Apogee Games On Gp2x?

lobski

Longshot question, but has anyone tried Dosboxing Apogee games (Remember the good old days) on the GP2x?

I really enjoyed Crystal Caves by Apogee back in the days, and so wanted to get it to work on my gp2x. I took the Duke Nukem premade config, and adjusted the settings a bit and managed to get it to work quite well. Not full speed but certainly playable. It can probably be tweaked to be far more playable but I didn't have time to tweak it much.

i loved crystal caves too!

the keen games have an open source engine that plays pretty well on the gp2x..

no CC engine yet tho;) (even tho the gfx look very keenish id be surprised if there was not a lot of keen code underneath)....

id love to see a port of death rally, they would be an excellent gp2x game...

The Blakestone games were cool. Since it uses the Wolfenstein engine those could be pretty doable I would think.

are they actually using the wolfenstein engine? I had both on cdrom and I am pretty sure that the engine was just a clone. Otherwise we could eventually run them using the wolfenstein port... hmm...

"id love to see a port of death rally, they would be an excellent gp2x game..."
Totally. I was playing it again in dosbox on my PC a while back. Shame it screws up the FMV :/

xnopasaranx said:
are they actually using the wolfenstein engine? I had both on cdrom and I am pretty sure that the engine was just a clone. Otherwise we could eventually run them using the wolfenstein port... hmm...
Yeah, they use a modified wolfenstein engine that has ceilings and floors

Last edited by a moderator:
Back