Apache

nope. My fucking brother still did not solder my chatboard. And did not hlp me with httpd's file access (Looks like ftp, I hope). Hes sooo lazy and loves it if sb needs him! :angry:

nope. My fucking brother still did not solder my chatboard. And did not hlp me with httpd's file access (Looks like ftp, I hope). Hes sooo lazy and loves it if sb needs him! :angry:
You do not need a chatboard if u can telnet to you GP.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, so let me get something right, cause I am an electrician, not a Linux-ician ( ?? )
so, I have a 2.4 gig HDD and will get a 10 gig HDD soon ( the 2.5 inch versions for laptops ) and I take a externall HDD enclosure to USB plug adapter, run the USB to a powered alternative, and then to GPLinux, will that work as the USB storage device that Linux can talk to?
will that work as USB device cause that would be awesome

~Octavious

ok, so let me get something right, cause I am an electrician, not a Linux-ician ( ?? )
so, I have a 2.4 gig HDD and will get a 10 gig HDD soon ( the 2.5 inch versions for laptops ) and I take a externall HDD enclosure to USB plug adapter, run the USB to a powered alternative, and then to GPLinux, will that work as the USB storage device that Linux can talk to?
will that work as USB device cause that would be awesome

From what I understand, it will work.
Yo will need a IDE to 2.5inch IDE adapter, that you will plug to your HDD enclosure. You will need to power the USB hub as well, I think.

will I need a cable if I am going form a 2.5 HDD to a 2.5 enclosure??
sry If I confused you
personally, I think that this is the best option, not some odd MP3 player or a Uber expensive FlashUSB device
cant believe Im the first person to think of this......
thats sad...

~Octavious

so, is the next thing yall gonna work on something that will let me browse the USB device with GPLinux and then copy something, write it on the GP32 SMC , save, then be able to play??
If so, whats a term I can use to refer to the above to ask about
example: Hows the progress on XXXXXX going??
( fill in XXXXX )
and, are yall planing on taking files from the SMC to the USB , or is everything solely copying, I think that would be better, due to lack of need to send anything SMC > USB , you could copy from USB > SMC ( since its copying there would be the file still on the USB device ) then delete file from the GP32 firmware and copynext item of desire
maybe GPDrive could come in handy, I really dont know code.... ing
I will start classes in August on either Video Game desing, grafx, and coding, or take Nano-Technology engineer classes....
not sure yet
either way, wish I could help, but since I cant, luck to ya!

~Octavious

We will work on a file manager, that will enable you to listen to any MP3 stored on a USB key for instance. It will also allow you to copy files from the SMC to the USB, but not USB->SMC as there is no write support for the SMC yet.

Does it answer you questions?

Yesterday I attached a "6-Gb-2.5-inch-usb-boxed-hard-disk" to my flu and voilá! kernel detects it!

image16cy.jpg

image27ev.jpg

I have compiled busybox static-linked for arm and i'll try to compile nanox... I want to get the point which is now gp32linux... and maybe try some new challenges :)

Yesterday I attached a "6-Gb-2.5-inch-usb-boxed-hard-disk" to my flu and voilá! kernel detects it!

I have compiled busybox static-linked for arm and i'll try to compile nanox... I want to get the point which is now gp32linux... and maybe try some new challenges :)
Great news!

You should use one of the Nano-x versions we already compiled, because it is not easy to do.
If you still want to do it, please also look at :
http://pixdev.sourceforge.net/

Please ask anything if you want help.

man, I cant wait till you guys get the GUI working, hell, even just MP3's would be neat, but I can't wait untill we can view images, listen to MP3's, Read PDF's and Text files, and the greatest 2 things I think? Movie viewing and Web Browsing
I am pretty sure I would pay money for the last ones
Do you guys think that these could happen all in GPLinux?
I wish I could help you guys, but, I dont know anything

GOOD LUCK!

~Octavious

well, what the hell, I dont care about a post rule right now
Anyways, As I have just spent almost 60$ to get everything I need, I have a few questions
Secondly, What type of files can I run off of my USB storage device?
I will get the last piece of the puzzle, a HDD enclosure for my 2.5 inch HDD as the USB mass storage device, and would like to know what I can do right now

what else can I do on GPLinux RIGHT NOW ??
( with and without a USB storage device, the only thing I lack right now )
and please keep it in noob terms cause I am one
( I wouldnt understand words like " telnet the apache thing " Im still a noob , but hopefully not for long )

thx

~Octavious

EDIT
first question removed, I know basic command line stuff now

Hmm, has anybodyt gotten a wifi usb dongle to work or a urb hub? How about a 4gb usb thumb drive? Any hopes of running webserver+mysql+php on this thing?

SN

killroy posted on Feb 20 2005 at 05:35 PM said:
Hmm, has anybodyt gotten a wifi usb dongle to work or a urb hub? How about a 4gb usb thumb drive? Any hopes of running webserver+mysql+php on this thing?

SN

Someone has already run a server off/through this, I can not remember who it was though.

Trooper

Hmm, I' still torn. I'm not a gamer, is it worthwhile getitng this a s a movie player, mp3 player andsotrage device for digicams?

I'm thinking, plug i na usb hub, plug a external disk and a digicam and use the GP32 to copy images from the cam to the harddisk.

Also, something that would make hte whole thing worthwhile, an implementation of RealVNC. I could run a browser on my server, Wifi connect the GP32 and then use vnc to control and view the browser, and then read or view things form anywhere in the house usign the software on one of my servers.

SN

Back