Apache

OK, thanks for nothing. This is one of the best examples, why people leave the scene. They are asking a question and the reply "read the fucking manual". Thanks one more time.

You probably should read the manual that came with the Apache distribution, I think you just need the ./configure, make, make install dance as root.

edit: I have no clue if gplinux has gnu make.

Hi

You cannot compile apache on the gp, it has not enough memory (at least I think so) and you do not have write access to the SMC.
You could try to compile it on a mounted network drive...

PM me if you want more precise info

Thanks

Cyberic

Oh, okay. Does GP32 Linux have NFS and SSH capability? If so, I should probably run out and order a GP32 right now!
Yes it should. I have already compiled openssh, and I could compile a kernel with NFS support.
I have even received a usb to eth dongle, which should be supported by GPLinux. The only problem is that I am running out of time.

But I can provide a kernel with NFS, and also ssh binaries, if someone is interested. Maybe this combination (or using telnet) will enable us to natively compile GP32 apps (you will have to be patient and have a dc adaptor I think ;-) )

If you are interested, Ravuya, or anyone else, tell us.

Emu&Co, about your question: sorry for the previous reply, my boss was just behind me ;-)

Did u get to the point to get your network card recognized by gplinux? does a new eth interface show up?

I will here assume you succeded.

- Now you have to link the PC and the GP with an eth cable, and set the IPs with ifconfig.
(I will provide a binary in a few minutes).

test that it works by pinging each other.

- Next, you have to cross compile web server, or to compile it natively on the GP on a network mounted drive.

Toholl succeeded in compiling boa, which is a simple webserver.

- Then, you have to configure your firewall to redirect the incoming port 80 to the GP's IP, with iptables (that you have to compile) or with a simple port redirector (which should be easier to compile)

- Launch boa on the gp

And you are done!

If some things are not clear enough, ask me. If anybody can provide additional help, you're welcome.

Sorry if it sounds complicated, but I cannot summarise a linux/network lesson here.

I'm waiting for your remarks, and the busybox binaries are coming....

C ya

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are the binaries:

http://cyberic.free.fr/GPlinux

There is a kernel with usb network cards, nfs and samba client support, and a new busybox including ping, ifconfig, telnet, telnetd and so on (look at the .links file to see every app included)
Please refer to http://www.busybox.net/downloads/BusyBox.html for the docs.

There are also some ipkgs I compiled, including ssh. I may have forgotten to include some libs, just ask me. I would suggest to use telnet instead, because the server is already included into busybox.

You can use ipkg-extract to extract the ipks.

I did it in a rush so nothing might work at all... Sorry I have no time to test but I can help you if you correctly report problems.

But if you use all this correctly, you should be able to log on your gp and to run a webserver (I forgot to mention: busybox also contains httpd, so you do not even need to compile a webserver.

I have NOT said it would be simple, but it IS certainly doable, for sure.

If you have some knowledge and time, here you go.
Keep us updated!

Hope this helps

Cyberic

@ cyberic: It seems to run. The LAN "Card" has 3 LED (POWER, CONNECT, 100MBITS) and after boting linux completely all 3 are on. Thanks to all, I'll try the tips and Binaries, when my brother soldered my own chatboard. See you later.

Did u use the kernel I provided?

If you connect the card to another linux computer, it should print 'ethxx: link up" on the console.

You just have to add 'ifconfig eth0 xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' to the start file, and to launch telnetd (in the start file as well) and you should be able to ping/telnet to your GP!

So no need for a chatboard, you'll use you PC's keyboard.

Keep us updated

OK here my probs. 1st ethxx: link up doesnt show. 2nd. It seems like my GPLinux doesnt use the start file. It does always the same shit. What could be wrong. 3rd. How is the smc mounted. (example ???gp???/gpmm/linux/busybox) AND would this way of starting the new busybox work. 4th DO I need more than your busybox and zimage files from cyberic's server?

OK here my probs. 1st ethxx: link up doesnt show. 2nd.
Maybe it is only written into your logs and not on the screen.
It seems like my GPLinux doesnt use the start file. It does always the same shit. What could be wrong. 3rd.
sure? try to put "echo something" into the file, do you see these lines when you lauch gplinux?
Be careful not to save as a DOS file with CRLFs
How is the smc mounted. (example ???gp???/gpmm/linux/busybox) AND would this way of starting the new busybox work.
The card is mounted on /mnt, so that /mnt/gpmm/linux/start is lauched at startup

4th DO I need more than your busybox and zimage files from cyberic's server?
To do what?
What initrd did u use?

I'd suggest you to do the following:
copy my busybox to /gpmm/linux

at the end of the 'start' file, add this:

#to check that your eth interface is here
/mnt/gpmm/linux/busybox ifconfig -a
/mnt/gpmm/linux/busybox ifconfig eth0 192.168.0.2

The best way would be to replace busybox in the ramdisk with the new one, but you will need squashfs support into your kernel.
I can do it for you if you tell me what initrd you use currently.

Do you have a working chatboard now?

Good luck

Back