Anyway To Minimize Ghosting?

coevin

Hi guys it's through greeted teeth I have to write this. I got my pandora today after the initial faulty one and it's fantastic. However the ghosting is awful! I play a lot of sensible soccer and it's really noticeable more so than my psp anyway of reducing this?

coevin said:
Hi guys it's through greeted teeth I have to write this. I got my pandora today after the initial faulty one and it's fantastic. However the ghosting is awful! I play a lot of sensible soccer and it's really noticeable more so than my psp anyway of reducing this?

Any chance you could record a video of it?

I didn't think I'd see a topic like this to be honest :p

What psp model you have? They improved the screens in later models.

Last edited by a moderator:
Try to pick team colours that are not too far away from the pitch colour. It's extremes of light/dark etc that causes the worst ghosting.

MDave said:
coevin said:

Any chance you could record a video of it?

I didn't think I'd see a topic like this to be honest :p

What psp model you have? They improved the screens in later models.
unlikely too help, would have to be a direct capture
otherwise theres then the spec of the video camera you have to take into account

i thought ghosting isnt really possible to affect 1 part, as oppose to the model of the lcd

and the lcd has been getting praise, so it must be your eyes or your settings

I would love to record a video but I have no means to unfortunately. I am not a troll because I love the system, I'll be honest I've not played much else to make a comparison. It's just sensible soccer is a fast movie game. I have the original psp now on that the screen will be blurry, but on the pandora the players will run onto the pitch and their heads are trailing. It's more noticeable on UAE rather than megadrive. Hopefully someone else on the forum could try it if possible and let me know. Cheers

Yeah that's what I'm wondering if it's my settings like I said I'm not here to bash the system just curious.

could also be just UAE

i wouldnt worry

Maybe try this, (psp if possible aswell, if not your pc)
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/response_time.php#response_time_gif

Info
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/response_time.php#xtest-ex

Youd probably need a camera

it could be all software

Exphose I'm too long in the game not to know the difference between ghosting and tearing. As it stands sensi is shocking on UAE and pico drive the ghosting is worse than psp. I'm gonna try different games but at the moment I'm disappointed on this one game. It could be software rather than LCD, like I said the machine is awesome.

Yes very good look i'm not bashing just wanna know if my settings are wrong wtc

I haven't looked, but did ED include the "Gamma Changer" thing in the first release of the OS? If it's there, that may help you out.

coevin said:
Yes very good look i'm not bashing just wanna know if my settings are wrong wtc
i've just downloaded it and can see what you mean but I'll point out to people who haven't received their P's yet that it's in no way as bad as the older PSP screens. We're talking about a small trail from the black of a player's hair against the grass, not unplayable smearing.

is the Ghosting that bad?

It could just be sensitive people as well. I rarely notice it (cold day more) on my old (phat) psp.

coevin said:
Hi guys it's through greeted teeth I have to write this.
Greetings!

I got my pandora today after the initial faulty one and it's fantastic. However the ghosting is awful! I play a lot of sensible soccer and it's really noticeable more so than my psp anyway of reducing this?
Can you describe what you're seeing more clearly? Because, while these early emulators have a few graphical problems I honestly cannot see any humanly detectable ghosting on my pandora.

Are you sure its "ghosting" you're complaining about? Ghosting is when pixels don't fade out fast enough and bright moving objects have a blurry trail, like a comet. That doesn't happen at all on my Pandora.

Perhaps you're seeing "tearing", where the draws aren! synced to the frames properly and the top half of the screen is showwing a diferent frame than the bottom half?

kingoddball said:
is the Ghosting that bad?

It could just be sensitive people as well. I rarely notice it (cold day more) on my old (phat) psp.
I'm pretty sensible to it but I have yet to see ghosting on the pandora screen. The psp phat was almost unplayable for me and on my psp slim it was really annoying. If this really was a big issue this thread would be a lot bigger.

The Pandora has slight ghosting on some games, the worst game I know of is Sonic 1 (those green tress ghost).

A game without any ghosting would be Sonic and Knuckles.

It's down to the bright palette clash (especially bright green) and using that checkboard effect to gain more colours (LCDs don't like that effect at all).

If you can adjust the green down a bit it would probably do wonders.

Back