Anyone Porting Pocketsnes To Caanoo?

rsuryase said:
I'm not a dev :p I would if I could.

What is the difference between a dev and a non dev :huh: ?

Just start doing. If you don't start, you will never be a dev.

And if you don't want to start, well...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks SiENcE for your effort on Snes9x4C. It's a good start for betas :) You need a college degree to become a good dev ;)

;-)

Well, we enhance Snes9x4 every day. But don't expect a release soon. First we need to add more Features, increase Speed and fix Bugs. This takes time.

SiENcE said:
;-)

Well, we enhance Snes9x4 every day. But don't expect a release soon. First we need to add more Features, increase Speed and fix Bugs. This takes time.

been using Snes9x in some form or another for years. Love it. Can't wait for the next handheld realease. I installed it to my Caanoo and yeah it's a lil sluggish, but not so slow it makes games leik mario 3 unenjoyable. Thanks for lettign em relive my childhood ^_~

It's very strange that anyone is interesting in a porting of a fantastic emulator like pocketsnes...

Don't understand why lose time with snes4x with pocketsnes ready on wiz, let dingoo emulators disappear :D

vEGA-rJ said:
It's very strange that anyone is interesting in a porting of a fantastic emulator like pocketsnes...

Don't understand why lose time with snes4x with pocketsnes ready on wiz, let dingoo emulators disappear :D
If you want pocketsnes ported so bad do it yourself. The dingoo will never disappear it has a great following and a great set of devs and porters for it and is half the price. SNES9X4d runs extremely well on the dingoo. I have a wiz, caanoo, dingoo a320 and and a gemei a330. The ports on the dingoo a320 are some of the best. Pocketsnes is not that much better. The SNES9X4C port that was done by sience works great on the CAANOO if you overclock it. I find little fault with it and it has great compatibility. People need to stop looking for instant gratification and realize the devs who port and create do this on their own time. Im sorry if I come off sounding like a dick and I will get off my soap box now ;) Also this post was not directed towards you it is to all the people I see complaining about a certain emu that was on the wiz is not ported yet.

To: qbertaddict

What i'm confused about is how exactly to overclock the SNES9X4d, it doesnt support overclocking from what i've seen, atleast it doesnt have a feature for it. If you could clear up how to do this I would be more then happy to say this port was nothing less then amazing.

Nunez said:

What i'm confused about is how exactly to overclock the SNES9X4d, it doesnt support overclocking from what i've seen, atleast it doesnt have a feature for it. If you could clear up how to do this I would be more then happy to say this port was nothing less then amazing.

I will do a video for you guys tonight explaining how to overclock your caanoo emus and apps. It has been covered in other topics but I have seen a lot of questions about it. I will also show a video with the framerate differences. It doesnt make the emulator amazing but it does make it run better and at playable framerates. Some games are still too slow for my tastes but it does make it a much better experience.

Nunez said:

You can edit the script ZX81 used for his PC engine emulator, look here for details, alternatively you can use gmenu2x to overclock any program you launch with it.

EDIT: QBertaddict was faster :)

Nunez said:
Well I see that, but idk how to possibly edit a .gpu file.

if you use windows use this notepad++
http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

.gpu is similar to any batch script file it just runs shell commands if you are familiar with a command line.

I couldn't get it to work, or wasn't able to tell much of a difference, but I'd love to see a video to confirm what I am doing on my own is correct.

Ok, thanks man I'll look into it. Though I really can't wait for him to post that video, I've been dying to understand how to overclock the NES and SNES.

Edit: I downloaded Notepad++ and I actually think I know how to do it myself now. I'm gonna test it out in a second and will post back with my results.

Edit: I got it to work successfully, I just copied and pasted the hugo.gpu and pollux set file into where I keep my .gpe file for any system, and then changed one line of code inside the hugo.gpu with notepadd++ and used the hugo.gpu file to start the system and it worked like a charm! :D

CKeichel said:
Nunez said:

You can edit the script ZX81 used for his PC engine emulator, look here for details, alternatively you can use gmenu2x to overclock any program you launch with it.

EDIT: QBertaddict was faster :)
Here is a little video. I'm sure you can figure it out from here. I also included a link to a already setup snes9x4c with overclocking. NOTE: OVERCLOCK AT YOUR OWN RISK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94ESFL2u-Kk

A video of the emulator in action can be seen on my channel or via this link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkl_MdHIglQ

Thanks a million man! It works great now! Finally got the .ini file working with the help of your video.

DrPocketSnes 6.5.0 for Caanoo :

http://caanoo.dingoo-brasil.com/downloads/Emuladores/DrPocketSnes%206.5.0%20Caanoo.7z

What an excellent Xmas present. Full speed SNES on the Caanoo. YAY! No more Wiz small screen or pixelated graphics on smartphones. :D

Back