Anyone Looked At The Shadow Warrior Source Yet?

igboo

Just wondering, as I was looking through the source myself. It's beyond my capabilities and time allowance right now.

Still love to see this on the GP2x though.

JonoF did a port of it that runs in Windows, but I haven't seen it... I doubt it's SDL. Sure, we could rewrite all of the drawing functions in SDL, but it's a project I don't really want to take up...

Mudi posted on Feb 3 2006 at 07:09 AM said:
JonoF did a port of it that runs in Windows, but I haven't seen it... I doubt it's SDL. Sure, we could rewrite all of the drawing functions in SDL, but it's a project I don't really want to take up...
JonoF's port is SDL. It does use some other libs which might complicate things though (I think it uses fmod for music), but they could be switched to something else without too much problem. JonoF's ports of Duke and SW use a more advanced version of the Build engine than the original games which might mean it doesn't perform as well on the gp2x (my gp2x duke version uses the original sdl port as I ported it to the gp32 first and was worried that JonoF's version might not run too well on the gp32), but for SW I think the JF version would be the one to try as the code is supposed to be much more stable.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back