Please Help Me!

vekzen

Still Fresh
I have just bought a GP2X Wizz. I am really struggling getting started with installing emulators and games. I have no idea how to begin. All i have done is put in my SD card. I have roms downloaded already. I just need to know how do i get to play my games on this system.

help please

Put your *ahem* backups (roms) into a folder on your SD card. Then browse to and launch the emulator on the launcher on the Wiz. You should then be able to specify where your backups are kept and choose which one to play.

i tried to do that, but it wont locate my emulators, when i searched for them, i could see the folders i made, but not the program it self. is there any specific emulators i should be using?! sorry im new to this game. :<

vekzen said:
i tried to do that, but it wont locate my emulators, when i searched for them, i could see the folders i made, but not the program it self. is there any specific emulators i should be using?! sorry im new to this game. :<
Yeah you seem to be really new. ;) Okay first of all: which system do you want to emulate?

an example:

If you want to play super nintendo games then you have to download pocketSNES from the file archive. Copy pocketSNES and the rom-files onto your SD-card. When you did so just boot the wiz and browse through the pocketSNES folder by using the file explorer in the wiz menu. there should be a file called pocketsnes.gpe (oder something like this). Just click on this file and the emulator (pocketSNES) should start. Ones you're in the pocketSNES menu browse to the folder on the SD-card where you put your roms in. Just select one rom and the game should start. :)

Edit: This procedure is the same for most of the emulators.

Last edited by a moderator:
pocketSNES from the file archive, where is this ? , sorry i do suck!! and what emulators should i use for Gensis etc?! :eek:)

vekzen said:
pocketSNES from the file archive, where is this ? , sorry i do suck!! and what emulators should i use for Gensis etc?! :eek: )
Here's the archive: http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi
You want to download picodrive for Genesis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Load those programs when you want to play a rom. You then use that program to find and load the rom. Just make sure the program corresponds with the rom type (PocketSNES to Super Nintendo, etc).

thankyou so much for your support everyone. I have the SNES and GEN working, Trying MAME atm, just finding it hard to get games to work on this one!! grr

thankyou all!!!

keep gettin an error when i load MAME games :< doh!

Keep getting an error when it loads , saying no roms available. Does any1 know how to fix this issue?!

MAME is a bit complicated and absolutely not recommended for beginners. you first should try the simple ones like pocketSNES, picro drive (genesis), lemon boy (gameboy), temper (turbo grafx) and all the other home console emulators to learn how to handle an emulator and to understand the basic functionality of emulators as such. arcade emulation (like MAME) is a step higher: you have to find and combine the correct rom sets. however, if you want to test MAME i recommend Orion4874s advice. try to find rom sets, which are allready prepared for the wiz-version of MAME...

@Vekzen

The first thing that might make things easier is after downloading an emulator, open up the folder, and look for the readme txt. If that's not there, try searching these boards for help.
In short, everyone has to go thru a learning curve, so just stick with it. Trial and error, along with Google and these message boards are your best friends.

That being said, I still can't get my stupid Amiga emulator to work...damn kickroms!

Back