Anyone For Some Rts Gaming

If I had my Pandora, I would be in!

I'd love to see a Command and Conquer clone (just the old original ones)!

No way kingoddball!!!
Springrts doesn't even run on my 2006 desktop.
It will be nice on Pandora. I think there was talk of spring here before about porting the engine and making a game designed for the Pandora.

I wasn't talking about the links above (spring?). My response was just in terms of a generic RTS style game.

I just love C&C!

Well, the Spring RTS engine definitely needs a high-spec system, but it could probably be scaled down enough so the Pandora could run it.

kingoddball said:

If someone made a C&C clone that played just like Red Alert 2, and with online multiplayer, I would freak. None of that space stuff, tho'. I don't know why, but I don't seem to be interested in space conquest for RTSes.

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
God Ginrai said:
kingoddball said:

If someone made a C&C clone that played just like Red Alert 2, and with online multiplayer, I would freak. None of that space stuff, tho'. I don't know why, but I don't seem to be interested in space conquest for RTSes.

-God Ginrai
Well IF someone was to make a new one, it would highly likely be multiplayer. Coding network support seems far easier (to fairly unexperienced me) than writing a properly balanced ai for a RTS.

And i'd play it, a lot probably :)

That's it! Someone needs to make a multiplayer RTS for the Pandora that is only playable on the Pandora, that way people with Pandoras around the world could play against each other! It would be called "Pandcraft".

Speculant said:
It would be called "Pandcraft".

Instead, how about:

"Confirmed: Warfare is Realtime"

or "Confirmed: Warfare" for short.

;)

-God Ginrai

KodeIn said:
Could be cool… cyborg MWeston engineers etc…
Evil Dragons and chinese factory workers. And some special units like the Red Baron.

NLS said:
KodeIn said:
Could be cool… cyborg MWeston engineers etc…
Evil Dragons and chinese factory workers. And some special units like the Red Baron.
Molotov (vodka bottles) hurling CraigX'es ... from roof tops, of course.

Guess what he says when you click-select him? :lol:

System requirements

Minimum
  • 1 GHz single core CPU with SSE-Instructions
  • 512 MB of RAM
  • 64 MB Nvidia Geforce 3 graphics card
  • Roughly 200 MB of hard drive space, depending on how many maps and mods you download with the installer.
<a name="Recommended">
Recommended
  • 2 GHz single core CPU or better
  • 1 GB of RAM or more
  • 256 MB Geforce 6600 Series graphics card or greater
  • 2 GB of hard drive space to accommodate more maps and mods

Yoyobuae said:
Guess what he says when you click-select him? :lol:

"Where are those vapourware twats?" and "I like this hat..."

EvilDragon's will be "Hellollo!"

This is a really cool idea! I would love to play this game. If we can find an interested dev, then I think we should try and make this game. ^_^

-God Ginrai

Back