Anyone Else Saving Up?

I was saving up, but then I realised that I could wait since the really good emus, apps, and games take a while to come out. I spent the money on getting my xbox modded instead. :D

I have a job as a busboy at a restruant though, so it shouldn't take to long to gather enough cash for a GP2X.

Nope, I perfectly fit my first paycheck from my new job into ordering one of them a couple other little things and paying rent ;)

I'm selling off stuff on EBAY. My Dad took the order for me so I know I will get one in time, but I have to pay him to get it >_<

Wow, how old is everyone? I'm 25 and single so I'm just getting one. I thought just older players like me would want over a DS or PSP. I'm not trying to put anyone down because of their age, I know what it was like before I had a full-time job and needing/wanting things. Actually, I think I was happier back then when I was in school even though I couldn't afford anything, or at least it has it's advantages as does older/more money.

Thanx,
Stan

31 and unemployed for 3 years with a bank account that will probably be empty by Xmas, but I already have my money put on the side to pay for mine.

im 24, no job, band just got record deal, i worked all summer and saved money to have while waiting for first advance from polydor. happy daiz in the hit factory.

i sucha boaster.

i dont care though.

I already have more cash than enough in my bank account. So i'm just waiting for the second batch. :) First batch can be bad, and by the time the second batch will arrive, alot of emus and games will get ported. :)

It will be my Mp3 and video player, as well as a great handheld game station. :)
My next big hits will be DS and Revo....after that... it depends.

second exodous posted on Oct 12 2005 at 11:09 PM said:
Wow, how old is everyone? I'm 25 and single so I'm just getting one. I thought just older players like me would want over a DS or PSP. I'm not trying to put anyone down because of their age, I know what it was like before I had a full-time job and needing/wanting things. Actually, I think I was happier back then when I was in school even though I couldn't afford anything, or at least it has it's advantages as does older/more money.

Thanx,
Stan

Ditto.

Including the age. ;)

Being able to afford stuff whenever you want it is incredibly ace, yet the natual hoarder in me has reigned in my spending to an almost nonexistent level. Couldn't resist the GP2X though :p

Last edited by a moderator:
just hit 20 and can't wait for this shit to come to my house!!! have no money left now for anything, even a new pair of glasses now that my old ones broke. i can't see shit at night, but i decided gp2x is more important than sight!!
it should help me big time at school.

Alpha2 posted on Oct 12 2005 at 07:53 PM said:
31 and unemployed for 3 years with a bank account that will probably be empty by Xmas, but I already have my money put on the side to pay for mine.
you know ur a true gamer when your about to live on the street but still have $ for your beloved gaming paraphenalia :lol:

im the same way ;)

junker posted on Oct 13 2005 at 12:10 AM said:
just hit 20 and can't wait for this shit to come to my house!!! have no money left now for anything, even a new pair of glasses now that my old ones broke. i can't see shit at night, but i decided gp2x is more important than sight!!
it should help me big time at school.

A-hahahahahaha! I used that excuse when I wanted an Amiga.

Still, I admire your dedication. Gaming should always be more important than your general health. ;)

daclassicgamingmaster posted on Oct 12 2005 at 08:14 PM said:
you know ur a true gamer when your about to live on the street but still have $ for your beloved gaming paraphenalia :lol:

im the same way ;)

yeah, also dosent help that my family is trying to buy this house, I have to find new ways to downplay any delivery that hits the mailbox with my name on it.

26, married to 2 things.....my wife and my gp32. Did I say things? .... :huh:
anyway...my third marriage is coming....the gp2x. Plus...the greatest responsiblity of my life... a baby...

as for money.... I used "our money" aka wife's paycheck to get the gp2x

Back