Ps2 Stick For 2x

multi

Still Fresh
I don't know if anyone else has done this, so i'm sorry if this is old stuff.

Couple of days ago i took apart a broken ps2 dualshock controller and modded one of the analog sticks to fit gp2x. Fits quite well. And more than enough of grip. I used pliers, a file and a cheap dremel clone to drill PS2's stick's hole bigger.

ps2stick.jpg

Very cool. I think it has been done before, but it has been awhile since someone has posted about it. How does it feel while playing? I just lost my cap in wifes car somewhere and was actually just thinking about this same mod.

wow great idea !

do you have a bigger pictor of your gp2x with the new stick ?

Any stick is better than the original, IMO :)
But i really like it how this feels. It's quite big and might look a bit funny but at least your thumb doesn't slip.

Plus it's quick to make.

I don`t remember anyone trying this before. Maybe I am wrong but I think you are the first to try a ps2 stick. There has been other attempts with other sticks though. Looks nice.

reaper79 posted on Sep 5 2006 at 03:30 PM said:
Very cool. I think it has been done before, but it has been awhile since someone has posted about it. How does it feel while playing? I just lost my cap in wifes car somewhere and was actually just thinking about this same mod.

Okay...How BIG is your wifes car?? :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
bacteria posted on Sep 5 2006 at 07:57 PM said:
This will certainly give you good grip. Are you using a MK1 or MK2 version of the GP2x? If it is MK2, what is your view of how the joystick works, purely out of interest?
It's an MK1. The right picture shows the "First Edition" label. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back