Anyone Else Received Their Caanoo?

tao76

Still Fresh
Just wondering if anyone has received their Caanoo's yet? Ordered mine from play asia and had it arrive yesterday.

Mine's suppose to come today or tomorrow the latest, it's in Indonesia already according to the tracker ;)

It should hopeful arrive today sometime between 7am and 6pm.
It's 3am right now and I can't get to sleep.

I also ordered from play-Asia.

Anyone hear when The GP2XStore is supposed to have them in? I went to their website but couldn't find anything. Does Play-Asia ship them to the States or would it cost a fortune in shipping?

I got mine at around 8:00AM this morning and I live in the U.S. I bought the Caanoo from Play-Asia and it took 2 days to Fed-Ex. I selected their cheapest method of shipping(which was right around $25)from Hong Kong to Atlanta, Georgia.

I recorded a video unboxing for the Caanoo this afternoon, which I plan on uploading early tomorrow since I feel kinda lazy right now. But it was definitely worth the wait, very solid system. I just wish there were emulators available already... :(

Hey, do any of you guys know where I can download the Neo Geo emulator for the Caanoo? I see a couple of videos for it on Youtube but I can't figure out where it is. Unless it's some sort of Demo emulator for reviewers/devs.

I will also do videos demonstrating the emulators and apps once I can get a hold of them, for those that are interested.

Luminite said:
I got mine at around 8:00AM this morning and I live in the U.S. I bought the Caanoo from Play-Asia and it took 2 days to Fed-Ex. I selected their cheapest method of shipping(which was right around $25)from Hong Kong to Atlanta, Georgia.

I recorded a video unboxing for the Caanoo this afternoon, which I plan on uploading early tomorrow since I feel kinda lazy right now. But it was definitely worth the wait, very solid system. I just wish there were emulators available already... :(

Hey, do any of you guys know where I can download the Neo Geo emulator for the Caanoo? I see a couple of videos for it on Youtube but I can't figure out where it is. Unless it's some sort of Demo emulator for reviewers/devs.

I will also do videos demonstrating the emulators and apps once I can get a hold of them, for those that are interested.

PM me your email; I'll sort you out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
Luminite said:

PM sent! ;)

I'm also looking for the emu's :D

Mine arrived this morning, got it from Play-Asia :D

Edit : I also tried to install the PC manager from funGP's website and I keep getting an error when it tries to install a redistributable (I think it's trying to use a Korean character in the file system and it screws up and shuts down the installer).

corpblitz said:
I'm also looking for the emu's :D

Mine arrived this morning, got it from Play-Asia :D

Edit : I also tried to install the PC manager from funGP's website and I keep getting an error when it tries to install a redistributable (I think it's trying to use a Korean character in the file system and it screws up and shuts down the installer).

Yup, the same problem has persisted with many users that have tried to install the PC Manager. We will have to wait until GPH sorts all of this out. I wanted to play that free game that they promised for registering the Caanoo. I think it's Rhythmos; I really wanted to try it out too!

As far as I know his shipment (I ordered a wifi-pack), will only be sent from Korea between the 23rd and the 26th.
When they finally arrive in Germany he promised they would be out as soons as possible, i.e. on the spot.
ETA is late August / early September.

I was kinda curious what profit ED makes from a Caanoo sale.
I didn't buy from him and was thinking of donating that profit margin to the archive.

Nova said:
Luminite said:
Hey, do any of you guys know where I can download the Neo Geo emulator for the Caanoo?

Mind if I drop a PM when I get my Caanoo?

I'm just guessing, but are the MAME/Neo Geo included as part of a "Classic arcade games" download or Caanoo Gamepack or something?
Looking at the videos I guess they were quickly compiled and not optimised, it kind looked like the Neo Geo emu was the GP2X version.

derdritte said:
As far as I know his shipment (I ordered a wifi-pack), will only be sent from Korea between the 23rd and the 26th.
When they finally arrive in Germany he promised they would be out as soons as possible, i.e. on the spot.
ETA is late August / early September.

Ow... bummer :(

torpor said:
I ordered from ED's shop .. anyone know if he got his shipment yet?

Same here. Mine still says preorder even though the black/blue Caanoo is showing as 17 in stock! Originally pre-ordered from Play-Asia but I got worried about import duty charges and cancelled it :(

ordered from gameseekers and showing release date 27th so i asume they will be in stock on 27th ish

Gameseek may not be so good check out the thread i just created...

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/56200-urgently-need-help/

I got my Caanoo, I haven't loaded any software yet but I booted it and this is one sexy device. :D

wszKN.jpg

I'm in a good mood so that coupon is free, first come first serve. :)

There isn't much you can do on it yet, since no emu's are actually included as part of the OS. (and don't seem to be availible online yet, I tried the Wiz and GP2X ones on the off chance :D , they all just crash, not entirely unexpected).

It's great for audio/video/e-book usage though :D

Touchscreen works way better with the stylus than with your fingers.

Edit:

oh, the fungp PC program from GHP's fungp.com doesn't seem to work at all, it fails 2 things during installing for me on Win7, I tried it on my XP machine and it still gave me one of the errors.

Back