Gender Adaptor?

NeoGML

Still Fresh
Website
matthewylim.blogspot.com
Play Asia link

I ordered this sort of um, on a whim, since I needed a second wifi dongle for my second caanoo. Which is backordered at play-asia, i should mention... the black and blue ones.. I don't want 2 white ones, you know what I mean?

Anyway, um... I don't know what this does. My initial guess was that it crudely provided a second USB port to the Caanoo, but I couldn't get it to do anything.

For kicks, I tried plugging my wifi dongle into it and then plugging both pieces into my caanoo's ext port, but it didn't do much, didn't even provide power.

Was this supposed to work on the wiz?

Cause I tried that too, and it didn't work.. though I'm not sure I know how to properly achieve wifi on the wiz, and if i recall correctly, someone started a thread about how the wiz/caanoo ext ports were slightly different.

Anyone know?

P.S. - AdaptEr, I meant, not adaptOr... sorry.

Gender changers (heh) are used when you have an accessory you want to plug in that has the opposite cable termination to the socket to be plugged into. I've never seen a USB device other than a mobo or hub which has a "male" USB termination, but they must be out there if someone went to the trouble of making a gender changer.

* edit - just looked at the link and can only surmise that that adapter in question is intended to turn the ext port into a USB as you've guessed... maybe try it with a flash drive or something?

jeremymtc said:
Gender changers (heh) are used when you have an accessory you want to plug in that has the opposite cable termination to the socket to be plugged into. I've never seen a USB device other than a mobo or hub which has a "male" USB termination, but they must be out there if someone went to the trouble of making a gender changer.

* edit - just looked at the link and can only surmise that that adapter in question is intended to turn the ext port into a USB as you've guessed... maybe try it with a flash drive or something?

Yeah, maybe i'll try that...

lol they're out of stock now, apparently there are a bunch of people like me who just bought it cause it looked like something important/useful...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back