Anyone Else Getting Pum,ped For Portable Wipeout?

b1llygo4t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Nq6PzY0xA

lol someone should shop a pandora in at 2:20

It's just a mock-up PlayStation controller with a screen, right?

Untitled-6.png

On-topic, I'm more excited about holding Pandora. I can't wait to show it too my SONY fanboy friends. :pandora2ut4: B)

kingoddball said:
RESIDENT EVIL 2 AND METAL GEAR SOLID!!

Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy VII and VIII. Full speed Playstation emulation was one of the major reasons I wanted the Pandora, probably like most people.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know the most awesome thing about this is, even though I am big into games, I see so many titles that I have never heard of and/or just want to replay. The Pandora can keep me busy indefinitely.

Last console sega genesis, switch excuslvely to PC, never played NES, GC, PS1, PS2, Saturn (except for here and there). So yeah I am a great Candidate for a Pandora.

PSX is what excited me the most.

It's going to be the best device created!
To make it even better - N64 is coming along!

SEGA DREAMCAST is even working. It may not be playable, but thats in its current state. I believe its around 10fps+. Just wait until some hardcore devs get cranking on that!
PSX, Dreamcast, N64 and, classics, full complete OS, appstore and heaps more! Why bother with Nintendo and Sony?

Incase you don't know... PSP Emulation is even being worked on - But its very Unlikely that it will ever be able to play the games. I believe it's just a proof of concept (maybe homebrew can be emu'd).. But it's there too!
It's all a matter of time.

oh man, MGS1, here we come!

Edit: I forgot about VR MISSIONS, too. One time my lil bro was dialing 28649113652 on a land line and the fire dept came and looked in all the rooms to see if everyone was OK and I was playin, and they asked what level I was on and I was showing how hard it was to beat the advanced levels... Good times.

Ive always wanted a portable N64. But the main reason I'm exited for it since ive been wanting a pocketpc for a while.

I'm gonna cry like a baby that won the lolly lottery the day I can get some Wipeout XL from my pocket. :)

kingoddball said:
SEGA DREAMCAST is even working. It may not be playable, but thats in its current state. I believe its around 10fps+. Just wait until some hardcore devs get cranking on that!

Um there are already two very hardcore devs working on NullDC.

Pleng said:
kingoddball said:

Um there are already two very hardcore devs working on NullDC.

why is it that just because the pandora will be able to play old PSX/DC/N64 etc games do I want one? I would never normally consider playing these old games but just having them on a handheld I can take anywhere makes me wanna play them all for some reason. I suppose it will help me get out the house. I could go to my dads and instead of otherwise being bored I can spend my time playing wipeout hehe

torpor said:
I'm gonna cry like a baby that won the lolly lottery the day I can get some Wipeout XL from my pocket. :)

I haven't played PS WipeOut for a long time, but I seem to recall it required all four shoulder buttons didn't it? Of course, it has been many, many years and my memory is foggy at the best of times!

Resi 2 and Metal Gear Solid are two games I'll definitely be playing, together with Jumping Flash!, MediEvil (1&2), - X-COM: Enemy Unknown, Alundra, CastleVania:SOTN.

For now, I'll just play the "waiting game" like everyone else :(

kingoddball said:
Incase you don't know... PSP Emulation is even being worked on - But its very Unlikely that it will ever be able to play the games. I believe it's just a proof of concept (maybe homebrew can be emu'd).. But it's there too!

I disagree, the PSP is basically a Nintendo 64 in reverse without the right graphics chip.. There's a lot to be done before things can be full speed (mind you it is a port from a PC emulator)

I used to work on Daedalus, I still would if the PSP scene wasn't arse up.

wally said:
kingoddball said:

I disagree, the PSP is basically a Nintendo 64 in reverse without the right graphics chip.. There's a lot to be done before things can be full speed (mind you it is a port from a PC emulator)

Basically? Care to expand?

wally said:
kingoddball said:

I'm not too sure what you're saying. I won't argue and say your wrong, but I would like some more info about that.

I don't see any hardware similarities in them. It's interesting if there is.

JayFoxRox is who is creating this. He started out by making a psp library.

Please see his blog - JayFoxRox PSP
From what I have been seeing I believe JayFox made this emulator from the ground up (I could be wrong) and is mostly designing it for OMAP (using his [previously working] BeagleBoard for testing).
He answers a question from Exophase in his blog (linked above).

wipeout will be fun to play when i get the pandora, but first some destruction derby

My parents got me FFVIII! I'm holding off playing until I get my Pandora :D

Back