Anybody plan to use their PSP for......

TylerAW

This might seem dumb but for anybody with a hacked PSP and a Pandora, I was wondering if anybody was planning on using their PSP for PSOne Games and Pandora for everything else? I say this because POPS is basicly perfect in compatibility since the code that it runs was designed by Sony to run PSOne games :p

Nope, pops is not that perfect, some of the games I tried were not playable, badly bugged or freezing in certain cases.

(maybe because I'm playing the PAL version of the games)

Moreover I HATE the PSP's nub… and I don't want to carry around a cumbersome PSP + my sweet Pandora
wink.gif

My PSP will be used only for Wipeout Pure/Pulse and a few other PSP exclusive games.

Nope, pops is not that perfect, some of the games I tried were not playable, badly bugged or freezing in certain cases.

Moreover I HATE the PSP's nub… and I don't want to carry around a cumbersome PSP + my sweet Pandora
wink.gif

My PSP will be used only for Wipeout Pure/Pulse and a few other PSP exclusive games.
Well first off the PSPs nub is horrible (played GOW last night for 2 hours and it hurts :( ), second off POPS is way more perfect than actual emulation on the Pandora or the GP2X platforms atm I mean cmon it has to have like 80% of all PSX games working fine. The PSP is big though I wish there was some type of gaming belt to hold all my protables ;)

Well first off the PSPs nub is horrible (played GOW last night for 2 hours and it hurts :( ), second off POPS is way more perfect than actual emulation on the Pandora or the GP2X platforms atm I mean cmon it has to have like 80% of all PSX games working fine. The PSP is big though I wish there was some type of gaming belt to hold all my protables ;)
When I have a good game on the PSP (which is, unfortunately, quite rare) I develop a big painful callus on my thumb after playing for a few days on a row. I can't wait for the bliss of the Pandora nubs.

I'd assume that once more Pandoras get into the hands of devs, PSx emulation will work much better than it currently does. After all, I think the specs of the Pandora can handle PSx emulation of most games. The current emulator just lacks compatibility and optimizations.

I don't yet have my Pandora, so I don't know how much value you'll hold in my opinion, but I plan to use my Pandora for PSOne games and my PSP for PSP games. I'm actually thinking of using my Pandora to do some Lua scripting for my PSP.

When I have a good game on the PSP (which is, unfortunately, quite rare) I develop a big painful callus on my thumb after playing for a few days on a row. I can't wait for the bliss of the Pandora nubs.
When I find a good game for the DS which is even more rare than you're situation on the PSP I get sad when I look at the 3D graphics and compare them to the N64s which is 10 years older (Nintendo why didn't you just make all the DS games 2D and pretend it could not do 3D WHY?!), oh also the Dpad on it sucks.

Last edited by a moderator:

wink.gif

I agree with you about the PSP's nub along with the D-Pad if you have a fat like me. Also like you said I have had some games not work right on it because they'll freeze up or even not run. So I will more than likely just use my PSP for PSP games only after I receive my Pandora and the PSX emulation picks up on it.

(which hopefully is by the time I receive mine :D )

I have hacked my PSP since my first one got stolen with the 13 games I had for it. I love the PSP for hacking. I've put a better screen in mine...twice. I've rebuilt three analog nubs for my friends and mine so they're a lot better. Hell, I even unbricked mine before there was such thing as a Pandora's battery. It's been really fun from a hacking perspective. It has been decent for emulation.

When I get my Pandora however it will have it's way with my PSP in regards to emulation. SNES Has always been sub-par on the PSP. Rin has always had sound issues when going in and out of the menus. My PSP will be used for PSP games and nothing more. As soon as more Pandora's hit the streets I have no doubts that it will handle PS1 games better than the PSP....especially with that second anolog stick. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back