Was Thinking Of Getting A Gp2x Over My Slim

It's true the gp2x is only great it has gp2x cradle without this it would have been really lame it's one of the best accessory on any portable system it's something new which has never happened on any system you have 2 world's on gp2x portability and console style gaming using control pads.

What's the problem with gp2x cradle it makes entertainment no.1 and psp on the other side is not fully entertaining just playing on a console in hand.

The screen of psp is not very good who needs widescreen format screen in gaming console it's one of the most awful idea in games console and of course psp slim is to big to carry around then how is it portable you need handbag to carry it.

I don't have psp slim and ds lite consoles anymore i sold them for gp2x f-200 and gp2x cradle,2 control pads,400gb hard drive i have more variety on gp2x than psp slim.

The screen resolution is not very important to me as long is it's sharp and clear that should be fine if gph have given us facility like the gp2x cradle we should make use of it, end of the day this is forum of gp2x not psp slim if the guy doesn't want to buy it that's his decision let the rest of enjoy and have fun with gp2x if anyone doesn't like what i have written on this post i would say he must be sony fanboy.

If you play emulators at home on tv you need to have a hard drive especially running emulators such as mame,neo geo mvs,mega cd,cps2 the. The roms on them games are large they will never fit on a 8gb memory stick you need atleast 10-12 gb of memory to play all these games that' why it's better to have gp2x cradle with hard drive, psp slim can never supply all of these emulators with roms on one card.

Look, when giving someone advice you have to try to think in a balanced way about what they're exact expectations are. Most people don't want to buy a handheld to use it as a home entertainment/gaming center. If that were such an important thing then it'd be much better to use a PC for that instead - it'll be much more powerful (and have much more software available for it). Even a really old used one off of eBay that doesn't cost much more than the cradle and harddrive (and power adapters, don't forget them - and they aren't cheap, $30+.. don't both the cradle and GP2X have to be powered?) would. Now if that is a MAJOR thing that people want then the cradle is a good option, but I think that few people will see it as being more than a minor perk.

Most people aren't so obsessive that they have to have several games on their handheld at a time either, a 16GB SD card should go quite a long way (and if it doesn't, get multiple).

I wish more people would spend some time thinking about what is typically wanted by others instead of just fixating on what they want. This goes for all the suggestions for Pandora too....

sukhigp said:
The screen of psp is not very good who needs widescreen format screen in gaming console it's one of the most awful idea in games console and of course psp slim is to big to carry around then how is it portable you need handbag to carry it.
Well the PSP was designed to be able to play movies that is likely the reason for widescreen. Sony wanted to sell these UMD movies, it was an idea of theirs to do this for extra cash. That turned out to be a bust, but they thought the movies may be popular, the market is funny sometimes, they didn't know. For games the screen aspect really doesn't matter when you design the games specifically for that screen. I don't like the PSP odd resolution widescreen for emulators but Sony didn't design the PSP for emulators, they actually try to stop them from running on the PSP (to no avail). They designed the PSP to run new-tech 3D games with nice looking graphics, not to run old NES ROMz. I don't know how you say the PSP is too big, it really isn't any bigger than a GP2X. You do come off as kind of a fanboi here. Both have their uses.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok dave c yes you are right about umd movies making extra cash, well it didn't work out was which rather silly have umd movies facility, you can download any movie of the internet and install it into sd card and play the movie how easy is that the gp2x doesn't need to convert avi movie files just drag and drop, where on psp you have to convert the movie which is a slow process, sony is trying to make money out of his products only money is important for him putting a umd drive for movies not good at all, first of all you have to buy umd movie discs, which movies are free to download of the net and secondly no need to use umd drive install them to a memory card just like gp2x, no need to carry 4 discs around when they can be all stored on memory card which makes life easier, do we really need widescreen format for movies i don't think so normal size screens will do, psp big screen is not good for the eyes small screens are comfortable to use.

sukhigp said:
Ok dave c yes you are right about umd movies making extra cash, well it didn't work out was which rather silly have umd movies facility, you can download any movie of the internet and install it into sd card and play the movie how easy is that the gp2x doesn't need to convert avi movie files just drag and drop, where on psp you have to convert the movie which is a slow process, sony is trying to make money out of his products only money is important for him putting a umd drive for movies not good at all, first of all you have to buy umd movie discs, which movies are free to download of the net and secondly no need to use umd drive install them to a memory card just like gp2x, no need to carry 4 discs around when they can be all stored on memory card which makes life easier, do we really need widescreen format for movies i don't think so normal size screens will do, psp big screen is not good for the eyes small screens are comfortable to use.
Making money is kind of the idea for a business. I am not against the UMD movies but I can see why they bombed in the day of rampant movie piracy over the internet ;) They were also too expensive, they should have all been like $9.99.

You certainly do have some weird "logic" for screen and unit sizes, I will just say that :p

Last edited by a moderator:
A game device should be small not big otherwise it won't fit in a pocket the best screen size is 3.5 anything bigger than this is silly, i remember when tapwave released zodiac 2 which had 3.8 screen size i was amazed the actual unit was same size as gp2x even with bigger screen i really don't recommened psp for emulation gp2x is far better for emulation you lot are coming up with weirds opnions how can psp be good for emulation that's crazy the actual console is made for commercial games not emulators, Sony has stopped emulation on the console who ever is putting other firmwares is going against sony plicies as we all know sony doesn't like emulation so why play emulators on psp it's totally wrong on the other hand gph doesn't stop us from playng emulators we can play emulators by taking the machine out from the box as with psp slim need to change fw and use pandora battery what awful idea psp slim sucks big timer how worse can it, get you guys won't undrstand anything, go to website called gamepark newbie on their people hate psp and they love gp2x their is guy called shinneri who has psp and says most emulators are not good as gp2x and screen is blurrish and games look horrible on it, go there and get your answers which one is better they stated the gp2x is the best not psp, you guys are coming up with boring answers and going against me, you lot should be on psp forums not gp2x forum.

Back