Psp Emulator?

q9Lp4dzYzu

Still Fresh
Just wondering if this was possible on pandora, because if one was made I would love it; Play all my psp games and a bunch of homebrew on one fast console with and emulator for basically every game system.

Nerdy3.14159265 said:
Just wondering if this was possible on pandora, because if one was made I would love it; Play all my psp games and a bunch of homebrew on one fast console with and emulator for basically every game system.
One is being developed, and as much as I think JayFoxRox can code, I don't think it will be full speed or even enough to replace a PSP.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nerdy3.14159265 said:
Play all my psp games and a bunch of homebrew on one fast console with and emulator for basically every game system.
Com on, think about things b4 you type them. You want to emulate a platform, to emulate another platform on it? Sounds very reasonable... Not.
B!

Mr B said:
Nerdy3.14159265 said:
Play all my psp games and a bunch of homebrew on one fast console with and emulator for basically every game system.
Com on, think about things b4 you type them. You want to emulate a platform, to emulate another platform on it? Sounds very reasonable... Not.
B!
When did he say he wanted to run emulators on the emulated PSP? :p

See JayFoxRox's blog here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/blog/37-pandora-psp/ the original thread: http://www.gp32x.de/board/?showtopic=47270 and the website: http://jayfoxrox.bplaced.net/pandora-psp/

Thanks for the info on Pandora-psp as I now know it's called. And no I wasn't planning on using a psp emulator to run another emulator but if you think about it, it would be fun to make a psp emulator to run a ds emulator to play gameboy games, jk.

Nerdy3.14159265 said:
Thanks for the info on Pandora-psp as I now know it's called. And no I wasn't planning on using a psp emulator to run another emulator but if you think about it, it would be fun to make a psp emulator to run a ds emulator to play gameboy games, jk.

that reminds me they are almost finished in pandora emulator 99.9% of more nop's

DroneB Dev said:
that reminds me they are almost finished in pandora emulator 99.9% of more nop's
I hear that is with special hardware though... :p

calc84maniac said:
Mr B said:
Nerdy3.14159265 said:
B!
When did he say he wanted to run emulators on the emulated PSP? :p

I think Nerdy was saying he wants to emulate a psp as the psp can emulate all older consoles, obviously not the best way to do it :blush:

(naw)mcx said:
Nerdy3.14159265 said:
One is being developed, and as much as I think JayFoxRox can code, I don't think it will be full speed or even enough to replace a PSP.
15FPS would be good enough. but to be honest, i dont think it will ever run a commercial 3d game on more then 5 frames a second.
But i'd be glad to be proven wrong ;)

Yea another device (plus games) to carry around. Hell you could probably even get a gamegear and gameboy pretty cheap, that'd save some SD space wouldn't it?

Even if a PSP emulator doesn't run fast enough to play any commercial games, it's a nice way of showing off how powerful the Pandora's hardware is.

fiveseven said:
Even if a PSP emulator doesn't run fast enough to play any commercial games, it's a nice way of showing off how powerful the Pandora's hardware is.
Ha! That reminds me of the not-so positive 'currently the fastest handheld so far' tag line ... almost fast enough to emulate a PSP (but not quite)

Yigguth said:
I have an idea,
get a psp

From the way he worded his post, it would seem he already has a PSP. Also, for most people, a PSP is just not worth it.

As for whoever said we won't get PSP commercial games running at more than 5 fps, I think you should recognize the fact that hlide mentioned that PSP could possibly run at playable speeds on the Pandora. So unless JFR decides to give up on the emulator, I think we could easily see upwards of 5fps.

-God Ginrai

wermy said:
God Ginrai said:
Also, for most people, a PSP is just not worth it.
That's a bit presumptuous of you to say, isn't it? :blink:
meh, maybe somewhere else, but around these parts it's a pretty safe bet i'd say

I do have a psp, the thing is if I bought a pandora I wouldn't want to carry around 2 handhelds and the battery life on the pandora is a ton better than the psp. So I was thinking if a good psp emulator comes about I could play the games that I like from that on the pandora, have one handheld and have a lot longer playtime. Also I would be able to play some of the psp homebrew that isn't going to be ported to the pandora.

Back