GP2X Anybody Got A Gp2x Firmware 3.0 Skin Maker?

moofers

Still Fresh
hullo,

I want to start making skins and stuff for the gp2x 3.0. Does anybody have skin maker for firmware 3.0 yet? or info on filenames or anything about this version of the fw.

thanks

moofers said:
hullo,

I want to start making skins and stuff for the gp2x 3.0. Does anybody have skin maker for firmware 3.0 yet? or info on filenames or anything about this version of the fw.

thanks
Search the file archive im sure one was released..

Or a Skin viewer..

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres a skin maker for 2.x.x but not 3.0. GPH made the 2.x.x one but they haven't made a 3.0 one yet.

To make one, we'd either need to reverse-engineer the skin format for 3.0 or ask GPH for specs. Or we could bug them to make one.

Blah said:
Theres a skin maker for 2.x.x but not 3.0. GPH made the 2.x.x one but they haven't made a 3.0 one yet.

To make one, we'd either need to reverse-engineer the skin format for 3.0 or ask GPH for specs. Or we could bug them to make one.

hmmm yes. I see fireware 3.0 is now in the downloads and i have had a dig around the files and found the bits i want , just need to work out how to get the device to update it now.

Might bug who you said ;P

yey i think i have it sorted. reverse-engineered the skin from the version 3.0 firmware which was just released and made a simple updater script to run from the games menu after uploading it to the sd.

I run it on mine as i screwed the skin up with a earlier version but now its all back to normal. The only problem i had was one of the images which came with the FW3.0 from the download site was corrupted so i had to fix it up in photoshop but its all good now.

This package can be used to create new version 3 skins too, just edit the images and stuff and run the script ;P

Have fun gpx'ers \m/

Download here,

http://archive.gp2x.de/cgi-bin/cfiles.cgi?0,0,0,0,50,2131

craigix said:
There is one in existance, i don't know why gph have not released it...
yah i hope they do soon, i happy to do it this way but a propa skin program would be nice too.

I'm still not sure on the welcome screen backgrounds yet so thats another issue i want to solve.

Back