Any News On New Console Emul?

patience is a virtue

or

when its done

or (i like this one)

whenever someone ask's release date increases with 1 month ;)

anyway i had sms_sdl running (the one i did for the dingoo) on my caanoo from day one, but there's no rom selector and still have to find a certain bug... I also haven't touched my caanoo anymore since that day ;) (to much going on irl atm)

Joyrider, did you provide a deadzone in the input handling? The currently available emulators that i tried all lack one rendering certain games unplayable.

Amon_Re said:
Joyrider, did you provide a deadzone in the input handling? The currently available emulators that i tried all lack one rendering certain games unplayable.

no not yet, but i'm aware of the problem, since i played a few games to test and noticed that games like mortal kombat and even sonic sometimes are not really good to handle with the analog stick and figured out one had to include margins of error, well thats what i named it but it's probably the same as deadzones, i'll probably include some option for it. But i really don't have much time at the moment to do any coding. Too much stuff going on in real life that i can barely handle ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
notaz said:
Working on PicoDrive.. Making menus useable with Caanoo's joystick is pain :(
Woho! Good news :D !!
Picodrive is one of the best emu for the Wiz!!
And about the posibility of use the G-sensor to turn left and right on Picodrive?

notaz said:

Wonderful news to here that your working on this Notaz
thumbs_up.gif
PicoDrive is awesome! Got all my roms and am itching to play.

Would like to see Wiz-Cap32 ported for Caanoo as i am CPC fan, but this is not a very popular emulator and doubt to see it :(

joyrider said:
Amon_Re said:

no not yet, but i'm aware of the problem, since i played a few games to test and noticed that games like mortal kombat and even sonic sometimes are not really good to handle with the analog stick and figured out one had to include margins of error, well thats what i named it but it's probably the same as deadzones, i'll probably include some option for it. But i really don't have much time at the moment to do any coding. Too much stuff going on in real life that i can barely handle ;)

Take your time mate, the world won't end because of it ;)

notaz said:

Awesome news, what's the problem with the menu?

notaz said:

Glad to hear it, can't wait to play some classic Sonic.
Still, is it really that hard to make the menu usable? I've used menus on other software with little issue at all, at least not due to the analogue stick.

I'm also waiting on an OhBoy update that accounts for a deadzone, it'll make games play even better.

Yeah, I don't really care for PicoDrive but I am happy that some guys are doing stuff for the Caanoo anyway.
GPH delivers on promises 50% of the time, the community has yet to let me down.
I thought I'd take much longer to get OhBoy ported and now that we got it (and fast it was) everybody is just bitching about the controls not being perfect.
Yes it is an issue, yes somebody will take care of it, no they don't have a schedule and since you aren't paying them I'd be a bit more grateful.

Hi guys.

Is there any plan to get FB alpha or a neogeo emulator running on the caanoo? MAME4ALL is good, but I believe it has problem with some NeoGeo games, particularly the Metal Slug Roms. Surprisingly the NeoGeo CD emulator is pretty darn good, however the iso files do take up some valuable megabytes.

Picodrive is good stuff, it's probably the best handheld solution for Sonic 3 & Knuckles I've ever had, no doubt about it.
I'm still hoping on a GINGE release soon, that would be beautiful.

SiENcE said:
I'm working on porting my Snes9x4D to Caanoo (Snes9x4C).

So I looked up that emulator over in the Dingoo scene. Looks like it's getting a lot of positive attention! I am excited for your work Sir SiENcE.

I'm still trying to get the sms_sdl build i did for dingoo to work on the caanoo, i pinpointed the random crash at exit, but can't seem to find the real cause. I'm not freeing things twice but it's must be something related with a free statement, since it happens when freeing an SDL_Surface, using SDL_FreeSurface ... always on the same spot, even when i added in extra calls, i think i might have overwritten some pointer and that might be causing problems when trying to free the surface

For the rest i still need to implement some analog stick stuff to give some kind of deadzone and implement a file selector, although i'm not certain if it's still needed since gmenu2x has been ported ... Or i just include it optionally or something will have to check, first i want to fix that crash at exit.

I also don't have much time, have to find a new home in like 2 weeks time (starting from now) and i'm becoming a father :)

Well i started from scratch with sms_sdl, i couldn't figure out why it kept crashing on exit at least not the cause and the original sources didn't seem to have the problem. I'm still going to implement the menu like it was on the dingoo though

Back