Any Full Screen Yet For Game Gear?

dogeymon

Still Fresh
Website
www.facebook.com
I haven't followed the wiz for a while but I was wondering if anyone has ever seen an update for playing sega game gear games on the wiz yet? An update that would finally allow fullscreen support for it. Sometimes those things are available just not where I'm looking.

Apparently the latest version of PicoDrive supports SMS/GG games, but I'm seeing some comments that it may not be able to really stretch to full screen.

Picodrive supports scaling, but not Game Gear games (just Master System). There's been no update to AlexKidd2X either, so we're stuck with tiny GG screens. I normally can't stand scaled modes, but the Game Gear's 160x144 res is just too small on the Wiz's screen.

trickytree said:
Picodrive supports scaling, but not Game Gear games (just Master System). There's been no update to AlexKidd2X either, so we're stuck with tiny GG screens. I normally can't stand scaled modes, but the Game Gear's 160x144 res is just too small on the Wiz's screen.

Yeah sorry, I should have said "other than Picodrive". Picodrive does amazing GEN/SCD gaming!! But Sega Master and Game Gear are a disaster on it. For one thing, there is no way to map the pause button/start button. Game Gear games look like a mess, and won't do full screen. And playing Sega Master games on it isn't even good. The graphics are screwed up in many games. In Aztec Adventure, Aztec disappears for one thing, sometimes, and the select icon for weaponry is invisible.

I was hoping that AlexKidd had been updated, but no such luck, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
No, AlexKidd2x wasn't updated. Shame as its emulation is quite good, just tiny.

As for Master System in Picodrive, notaz said that he's not too inspired to work much on the Master System emulation, but he did say he'd try to get around adding the Pause button at some point. Maybe we need to steal his Pandora to get him back 'on topic' :p

Back