Request: Fix Game Gear Support On The Wiz

jmetal88

Erm.... Woohoo!
Website
mikesweb.exofire.net
So, I was thinking about getting a Caanoo, but I don't think I'd be able to spare the cash without selling my Wiz (which I don't think I want to do, because I love the OLED screen, even if the device lacks some things I want). But the problem is, I'm missing Game Gear support on something I could fit in my pocket. At least, I'm missing good Game Gear support. It seems to run too fast (at least in audio) on my Dingoo (and the Dingoo's LCD is really pretty poor), and on the Wiz, the picture is not scalable in AlexKidd2X. PicoDrive has decent SMS support on the Wiz, but not Game Gear support. There is good Game Gear support on the GP32, but I cannot easily fit my GP32 in my pocket.

So, this is a request, of any skilled developer who might have free time. I would like to see good Game Gear support on the Wiz. Maybe someone could port DrSMS or some other emulator, or perhaps fix the problems in AlexKidd2X (I managed to fix the menu underclock crash for myself, but I lack the skill to do anything with the video code). I just would really, really like good Game Gear support on the Wiz. Is anyone else with me here? Any developers interested?

I'd still like to see good Game Gear support on the Wiz, but I'd like to report I just found the v1.2 Emulation Pack for the Dingoo, and the SMS/GG emulator included there produces much more accurate results than the older emulator I had been using.

Can you use ginge maybe to run whatever the gp2x uses for gamegear?

Back