Any Chance Omf 2097 Has Been Ported To The Gp2x?

Lister2020

Still Fresh
Just wondering, remembered today how AWESOME this game was and was wondering if I could get it going on my lubbly gp2x to play on the move :D

Goob posted on Mar 25 2007 at 08:41 PM said:
Will Diversions release the source code to OMF:2097?

No

Aww B*stards :(

Im assuming it runs like crap on dosbox as well?

Last edited by a moderator:
dosbox on gp2x runs at roughly the level of a fast 386, so omf would be more or less unplayable

don't worry, i love this game too. gp2x will do it one day

edit: actually reading the other thread, it seems like it may be possible. i'll try tonight

^^ Really? On my 486/33 it was really stuttery. The same computer could play Epic Pinball on all the highest sound/detail settings just fine, so I assumed OMF was really intensive.

Super Jamie posted on Mar 26 2007 at 09:42 AM said:
dosbox on gp2x runs at roughly the level of a fast 386, so omf would be more or less unplayable

don't worry, i love this game too. gp2x will do it one day

edit: actually reading the other thread, it seems like it may be possible. i'll try tonight

Let me know if you get it to work will you? I tried altering the conf text file last night to launch it but it always launched the supplied demo no matter what i did

Well, to be fair, unless I was running under a rather intensive optimize (remember QEMM anyone?), it rarely ran fast. But once I'd got all the TSRs we needed into upper memory and had a good 617kb of conventional free, OMF ran brilliantly.

The same could be said for Sam and Max and DOTT, both of which ran *horribly* until I'd had a really good attack of the startup memory. I had a Gravis Ultrasound, which took up a good 40kb of conventional memory on its own normally, so QEMM was really really important!

Tobriand posted on Mar 26 2007 at 06:16 PM said:
Well, to be fair, unless I was running under a rather intensive optimize (remember QEMM anyone?), it rarely ran fast. But once I'd got all the TSRs we needed into upper memory and had a good 617kb of conventional free, OMF ran brilliantly.

The same could be said for Sam and Max and DOTT, both of which ran *horribly* until I'd had a really good attack of the startup memory. I had a Gravis Ultrasound, which took up a good 40kb of conventional memory on its own normally, so QEMM was really really important!

Does anybody remember playing Ultima 7, and that stinking voodoo memory manager that it came with? Awful.

Back