Joysticks for sale

Sugar_Kane

Could crush a grape
Hello Chums,

I hope that selling is OK around here, please let me down gently if not!

I've been a arcade joystick fancier for a good while now, as I grew up in the 'cades. I got into custom making a few years ago, I posted a couple that I made on GP32x if I remember right. Anyway, I've gone off fighting games possibly for good now, as they just seem to make me furious these days rather than getting any enjoyment out of them.

This coupled with a newly found strong will to get out of my debts caused me to start selling off as much of my hoarded gubbins as I could. It has helped significantly with my finances and my state of mind, but I must continue!

I am hoping to sell my PS3 modded Namco arcade stick if anyone is interested. It was a playstation 1 Namco arcade stick, I gutted the stock Hori stick and installed a Seimitsu LS-33 and Sanwa buttons; these are arcade machine grade parts from Japan. It has a wirless official PS3 controller PCB inside so it's a fully wireless bluetooth controller (possibly good for the pandora if anyone has got PS3 pads working via bt?). Added a 24mm button to the back for the home button, and the usb port is for charging the battery. It has one of my custom clear blue ball tops, I make and sell these with a friend. Hoping for £65 plus £8 postage to UK, will ship international but contact me for a quote.

6065459781_34cef14611.jpg

5888166039_b02f3f9a1c.jpg

Also selling my highly extravagant and expensive custom 'VAS' stick that I had commissioned from the US. Made by the extremely talented Voltech from Voltech Arcade Sticks, this has been completely custom built from scratch: black powder coated steel frame with exotic Ziricote wood sides; the wood has been impregnated with resin in a vacuum chamber, this makes it rock solid (literally) and smooth like a stone; this process has never been used on arcade sticks before, this guy is a pioneer!

Wireless xbox 360 pcb inside (had this done for me by a pro in the US). Seimitsu buttons and an LS-55 stick. Artwork was done for me by a friend. Plexi glass top.

5631529585_d1275a81ef.jpg

5631531525_fc0f83dfb4.jpg

5631527945_3d2f9b9fcb.jpg

This is one heavy mama. It's really a massive shame to sell it because it's beautiful and I love it, but it's sat of the shelf looking sad and needs must. It cost me a disgraceful amount of money to finish and have it shipped, but it was worth the expense, it really is one of a kind. I'm asking £150 plus £15 postage to UK, again please contact me for an international quote.

I almost forgot to add: If someone does want this then I am prepared to commission my friend to design you some new art for it, you may have to print it off yourself but he'll take your ideas/suggestions/examples and work with you until you have something that you're happy with and then provide you with the finished file.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is freakin' awesome! Is it nice & strong and how heavy is it, exactly?

By the way, I love the 6 button lay-out. 99% of arcade joystick controllers have the stupid 8 button lay-out, which I isn't true to The World Warrior in us all.

Damn right, there is no excuse for 8 buttons! That's the Sega layout too, so it's got extra coolness.

It's extremely solid, the sides are bolted on and the steel frame is supported by a pvc skeleton (not that steel needs supporting), the feet have long bolts through them which holds it together. It weighs 3.4kg.

I have 2 namco psone sticks :) the gray ones like yours but with the original buttons, one is used and is for me the other is BRAND NEW! un-used :) ill be keeping that also.

OOO, i've been away for a long time. These are still available, were you interested Sony? I'm sure I could work something out for you.

I've also got another xbox customised ex-dreamcast arcade stick that I want to sell.

Dreamcast Agetec aka "The Green goblin" - All sanwa parts, JLF with octogate. Wired 360 pcb. Shoulder buttons are start and back, and the yellow start button is the home button. Custom made plexi top and artwork. Wiring is a little messy inside, but it works perfectly. Balltop is one of my customs, it is very pale blue and has a small amount of inky blobs inside, we only made one of these so you'll never see another one like it. £69 plus £10 shipping.

6065448255_ba54d6f9fb.jpg

6065997366_9d0c2d88fa.jpg

6065453755_791fe2fd53.jpg

6065455295_04f1110032.jpg

6065451857_d5bc59df93.jpg

If anyone wants any more information or pictures then please don't be afraid to ask.

They're the lower end of Fender, although some of them are alright. I've heard wide reports of them having great necks, but I just don't like them.

I'll take out that guitar bit anyway, as I need the money way more right now.

Man, I'd keep the Valtech ;)

My only concern for such things is they're tied to one system like xbox or whatever, which is cool, but how many games can really work with it that you'd come back to? I'd build it for wireless arcade controller on a Supergun(coudl really get an existing supergun and use a wireless receiver with a USB->arcade adapter maybe..)

Nice stuff; I feel your pain!

jeff

They're the lower end of Fender.
yes but still they are not that cheep thuogh im sure you could get one between the range of £50-£90 but still thats whats the aprox value of the arcade sticks would be right?

dunno how much the sanwa parts set you back so i cant judge really.

Man, I'd keep the Valtech ;)

My only concern for such things is they're tied to one system like xbox or whatever, which is cool, but how many games can really work with it that you'd come back to? I'd build it for wireless arcade controller on a Supergun(coudl really get an existing supergun and use a wireless receiver with a USB->arcade adapter maybe..)

Nice stuff; I feel your pain!

jeff

The beauty of these things is that you can pretty much stick whatever pcb you like inside. It's wireless 360 right now, but I could easily install the PS3 pcb from the Namco stick. As long as you've got a hacked pcb and some quick disconnects then you can make it whatever you like.

I would love to keep it really, if I didn't have a cashflow problem! I haven't played any 360 games for ages, and I've probably given up on beat em ups forever, those things just make me so mad these days! Seriously, I get so mad when I lose it's not worth the trouble, not good for my blood pressure. It seems to be that you need cybernetic enhancements to enjoy them these days, or have no job or family to get in the way of enchancing your mastery.

If no one buys it then I might get a dongle for the laptop and hook it up to the tv to play Mame... why haven't I done this yet?

I'm knocking £50 off the Voltech, £200

Back