Another problem

andyhamer

OK now i really want to RMA..

So last night i shut down the Pandora in the usual way, after booting today i enable mass storage to transfer some files across & no drives (SD cards) show on my PC, what is going on here? i have changed nothing on the Pandora or PC, have tried all my USB slots (which work fine when anything else is connected) and tried a brand new Sandisk card, still nothing.

I have tried the cards in a seperate USB reader and i can transfer to and from them without any problems at all.. can anyone suggest anything i could try (other than an RMA, which is looking more & more likely)

It is getting so i am dreading turning on the Pandora and being greeted by what ever new erratic behaviour is being exhibited.. excuse me whilst i go stand in a dark corner and weep.

Thanks for listening.

OK, so after a couple of resets and battery removals it is now working ??? it seems my Pandora shares a similar quirk with my significant other, namely it's propensity for wholly bizarre & unpredictable behaviour..

Last edited by a moderator:
Make sure you've selected a card and hit ok in the mass storage dialog, try different cables, and if you're mounting on a windows machine, make surebthe cards aren't ext formats. Also check the port works with something else through it, network, serial connection to bootloader etc. Dmesg output from PC end would be useful

After all that, reflash, try some more things, then rma

Hi

Has this worked before ?

The Pandora is USB 2, does your comp have USB 2, if not this is not going to work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine does this all the time - I just restart the Pandora (from the Log Out menu) and try again.

D.

It doesn't happen that frequently for me, but whenever it does a Pandora reboot fixed it.

SD Mass Storage only works with the MiniUSB.

I had it one time that some device I connected crashed USB completely - so much, that not even a power down would reset it!

After I removed the battery for a second and rebooted, SD Mass Storage was working again.

This only happened once for me though, when messing around with various USB devices :)

I've never managed to get Mass Storage to work... I tested it a few times (with reboot in between), always on the same computer though (Opensuse 11.3 /.4).

I usually transfer things using a card reader or an external USB hard drive (works great on the Pandora every time).

Back