[Bluetooth] Can't see my device

Mr.Phi

Still Fresh
Hello,

I am new there and that's my first post on this Forum, I'm French and my English is... approximative.

I tried to use the bluetooth of the Pandora to be able to transfer files from my laptop to the Pandora. Sadly I could not make it, the Pandora device does not appear in the detected ones (tested on windows 7 wich can detect phones anyway).

I downloaded the bluetooth transfer app : http://repo.openpandora.org/?page=detail&app=btrecv-slaeshjag-bbgfdg

Selected a path to download files.

Rebooted.

Enabled bluetooth.

Enabled file transferring app.

Tried to detect it on windows.

The wifi/usb were not enable during this test (in case of conflicts).

Could you please explain to me how I should proceed to transfer files from my laptop to the Pandora using bluetooth ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Mr Phi & Welcome to the boards.

I've never tried any bluetooth file transfers so I'm not sure that I can really help but I do have a couple of questions :

Do you have any other bluetooth devices (mouse, keyboard etc.) that you could use to test the bluetooth connection on your Pandora?

When you tried to detect the Pandora on windows was the Pandora set to be discoverable via bluetooth?

Hi,

I have my mobile phone wich is not able to detect the Pandora neither.

I did not set anything else about the Bluetooth in the Pandora. Is there any configuration we can set ? I am using the OpenBox GUI, maybe it's something specific to XFCE ?

Edit : I have found it. There's an icon that only showup on xfce where we are able to set the bluetooth options.

Edit2 : I am able to right clic on the icon, go to preferences then clic on "Make computer discoverable" but it does not save the config when I close the window.

Edit3 : I just had to relaunch the bluetooth...

I guess I should work now. Thanks for your time.

Hi,

Edit : I have found it. There's an icon that only showup on xfce where we are able to set the bluetooth options.
Hello,

You can get the same icon to appear in the panel if you do:

Root Menu -> Connectivity -> Switch Bluetooth Hardware ON

Root Menu -> Connectivity -> Switch Bluetooth Applet ON

You can right-click that icon and choose preferences, the same as in XFCE.

Or at least you should be able to (there's another thread suggesting that there's some Openbox / Bluetooth problem).

EDIT: Actually, no. As reported in the other thread, the pandora isn't visible over bluetooth when using Openbox. I don't know why yet.

Back