Another Openpandora

'Chip' said:
There is a word for people who go around suing anyone and everyone just to make some easy money, and that word is "RIAA".

<_<

>_>

Sorry, couldn't resist. XD

-God Ginrai

Last edited by a moderator:
'WizardStan' said:
and make me a very sad Panda.
I recognize that line ;D
Nah, seriously. It's a non-commercial (what i saw the seconds i spent on the page) project by someone. I don't think this will cause major legal problems and/or confusions. Also there's OpenPandora Ltd. as mentioned above. Don't (always) panic :>

RIAA one made me laugh, too ;)

'atomicthumbs' said:
'CyruzDraxs' said:
meme goes here
Please take this back to /b/ and leave it there.

+75

also this is old news

also, if the RIAA sued people to make MONEY then why would they sue kids and old ladies? obviously thats not why they do it.

'PoisonedV' said:
also, if the RIAA sued people to make MONEY then why would they sue kids and old ladies? obviously thats not why they do it.
Sure they do. They sue the defenseless who won't have the money to draw out the precedings. This way, they lose a minimal amount of cash and send a warning to the people who download a lot, hopefully, in their minds, convincing them that they will receive the same fate if they don't stop downloading, so they do and start purchasing music again. An overall Net Gain for the RIAA.

Now I'm not saying this actually works. This is just the idea behind it. It's like Communism, even though it doesn't work in practice, there are still people who attempt it.

-God Ginrai

Yes, they sue people who don't actually have the money to back it up. They're making examples, they're not trying to make their income from it.

Back