Another Oggvorbis Player

the gpamp ogg version doesn't even have playlists

Yes it does. That version just isn't public atm :)
The new version has better a menu system, supports playlist editing (use select to maximize the playlist window, select files with B, play files with A, press start to open the menus on the bottom (add, rem, sel, mic, list opts)).

As soon as my playercode monkey has his gp32 back we'll hopefully have ogg and mp3 support. I'll have to create an SMC explorer so that you can select files or directories so you don't have to put all files in /mp3 or /ogg. I'll also see if I can do a playlist save/load, but I doubt that's useful since you usually change the files on your card regularly. I guess I'll go with an automatic save, so that when you turn off/on you don't have to reselect your files again.

sorry to hijack your thread btw :)

About gpAMP not Project Bluescreen said:
As soon as my playercode monkey has his gp32 back we'll hopefully have ogg and mp3 support.

Well, playercode monkey is a new name for me ;). It sure beats SwampDonkey.

SvOlli,

Did you get my email about combining forces on a port of Tremor?

I was lucky enough to have some help from the gpOGG team on adding vorbis support to ScummVM and my player. There version of the codec (not that I have the code) was highly modified from stock source to get the speed up (at the expense of some oddities). I have a lot of notes on this and put some of the changes into the ScummVM version of the library. Happy to share if you drop me a mail.

PS: I still like Project Bluescreen as the name, hell, the best I could come up with for my crappy media player was jMedia.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Yoggi Player
- OggNuke
- Plogg (player ogg) <--- na too stupid!

that's my idea

Nice effort, am just trying it now after you helped me out earler. Great player! Oh, i hunted for the 66mhz player as well and i find that it seems a bit flat in the lower volumes and only really gets clear through headphones when you ramp up the volume. Don't know if its just my hearing but i am using the same oggs in your player and they sound a lot clearer in the lower volumes. Well thats my holiday music sorted ;)

Now it's official: the name of the player with the working title "Project Bluescreen" shall be:

SvOrbis

You all didn't make it easy for me here -> http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?showtopic=12089 , but SvOrbis is the name that suits best, both technically and my ego B). So knowing that I can put together a new release and a homepage for this project, which will also contain a standalone version of the OggVorbis library "Tremor" adopted for the GP32. A mailing list has been created already.

Again, thanks to all voters,
SvOlli

Last edited by a moderator:
Back