An Fps Online Game

greengerm

Still Fresh
hey guys i didnt know where to put this,sorry i think it goes here,but anyway,
i think someone should make a multi-player online fps game that you can dowload for the pandora and pc,though the pandora one should have lower quality settings,so that it wont lag,that can be play online with other players,wether what ever pc or pandora your using you can play together,like me on pc vs. my brother whose on the pc,and u can login to your account on pc or pandora and have the same experiance ,weapon,money etc.
that would be awesome,i got the idea from sonys psp with a homebrew halo game that plays online with other pc players,so if some one could do this or thinks about anything regarding this idea,please reply to this post,cool idea huh

Wrong forum. Also, Quake 1, 2 & 3 should probably already be able to do this. I'm still hoping for somebody to port Smokin' Guns. And no, it's not really a cool idea.

I'm pretty sure the 'homebrew halo' you mentioned is just a quake mod so it should work on the Pandora.

ant0ny said:
please reply to this post,cool idea huh
No.
It's not that it's a bad idea, it's just a very, very generic idea. You could have at least written the game engine for us. At LEAST.

Last edited by a moderator:
To change the context a little, you're basically saying "cell phones are great, but you know what would be a cool idea? If you could use them to not only call other cell phones, but also call land lines!"
And a mighty headdesk was heard. :p

It's kind of sad the console era has made it possible for this to be an earnest suggestion...

Sorry, OCD made me:

Hey Guys! I didn't know where to put this... Sorry! I think it goes here (?), but anyway...

I think someone should make a multi-player online FPS game, that you can dowload for the Pandora and PC -- though the Pandora one should have lower quality settings (so that it wont lag) that can be play online with other players. Whatever PC or Pandora you're using, you can play together... like me on PC vs. my brother who's on the PC. In addition you can log into your account on PC or Pandora and have the same experience, weapon, money etc.

That would be awesome. I got the idea from Sony's PSP with a homebrew Halo game that plays online with other PC players. So if some one could do this, or thinks about anything regarding this idea, please reply to this post. Cool idea huh?!

I'm one of those sad gits that sends text messages in full English with captilisation and punctuation. Why do people hate capitalisation so much? Show some love!

SomeGuy99 said:
I'm one of those sad gits that sends text messages in full English with captilisation and punctuation. Why do people hate capitalisation so much? Show some love!
I have on my quick-text "I suggest you correct the grammar you use when sending text messages. Failure to do so will make this text the only one that you receive."

After about 30 of those, people start using proper English in texts, it's awesome.

@SomeGuy99:
I'm not sure why people hate capitalization so much, either, or at least attempts at proper punctuation. I think what most people who do this don't understand is that it makes it easier to read what they're trying to say. Quite honestly, when I see a post that has no punctuation, has all caps, or far too much l337 to make a point valid, I usually skip it.

That said, I don't mind the OP's post so much. Sometimes people post from mobiles that either have the auto correct turned off (sometimes for good reason), or find it too troubling and/or tedious to constantly hit the shift button to start a sentence. The run-ons were a bit much, though. :lol:

Back on-topic, it might be kinda cool to have our own FPS that can vs a PC version. Do remember that nubs and buttons will never be as good as mouse and keyboard, though. Since Pandora can do mouse and keyboard (if necessary) as well, it might be a valid thing to do. I would definitely love to make content for something like that. I'm already considering making some character mods for Q3. Never done it before, so it might be fun.

Alright, sure the idea is a bit generic, but if there is something cool we can take away from his idea ... is that there is some game that is cross platform (PC, Pandora) and the items, stats accumulated is essentially stored in the cloud and accessible wherever the game is played. I think that's a fine idea! Fits the Panda nicely.

-Tj- said:
Sometimes people post from mobiles that either have the auto correct turned off (sometimes for good reason), or find it too troubling and/or tedious to constantly hit the shift button to start a sentence.
This reason might be valid if you are replying to someones request, but when you request something of others you shouldn't inconvenience them like this.

On topic:
I suppose any game which gets ported to the Pandora would still be able to connect to the PC versions as there is little reason to change the network packets.

traylorpark said:
Alright, sure the idea is a bit generic, but if there is something cool we can take away from his idea ... is that there is some game that is cross platform (PC, Pandora) and the items, stats accumulated is essentially stored in the cloud and accessible wherever the game is played. I think that's a fine idea! Fits the Panda nicely.
Sure, that could be done but I kind of disagree that it fits the Pandora nicely. The Pandora is a decidedly anti-cloud device. It packs it's own hardware power and flexibility and is not always connected to the internet like proper cloud devices have to be.
Still, something could be made of this idea. For example, someone could add online savegame storage functionality to ScummVM that works across all devices. The problem is providing the server infrastructure or finding another solution like maybe using Email, Rapidshare or Freenet to exchange the data. (I can't really think of a good free open cloud storage solution beyond that... Can you?)

Has anybody tried playing OpenTTD online from their Pandora? Any of the Quakes? Anything else?

Back