Amiga Emulator

I got Another World running on mine, both English and Hungarian versions.

I got it to work on the first try, but it could be because the English disk files I have was already cracked. I didn't get the colorful screen you were describing after the Another World screen. :huh:

Unfortunately, I don't know what's the real filenames as they were already renamed to just simply "Another World". :(

BTW, nice game. I really like the cinematic presentation. Glad I tried it out. :D

sukhigp said:
The full name is another world (1991)(U.S. Gold)(Fr)(Disk 1 0f 2)

When i load this game it comes to another world screen it's very colorful from there it doesn't go to the next screen.
I could be wrong, But you appear to have the french version looking at the file name. You should try another version if it`s possible, preferably with an exclamation mark "!" in the file name, Which is said to be a full and final dump of that particular rom.

BUT, Don`t ask for it here, You should know the rules, Google is your friend.

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
tried both and running out of memory..maybe an add for more than 1 mb?

From the readme in the game: "If you have 'only' 1 megabyte of memory, the message [ Out of memory ] may appear at the start of the game. Please remove any resident commands or/and RAM Disk to get more free memory."

@Sughigp -- You could try changing disk when you get to that stage. Sometimes with games when they have been cracked a certain way they dont ask you to change disk (cannon fodder and Troddlers for example) but the crack screen will tell you

@bodhee does sound like you need to disable the extra drives. When you tried it on Winuae did you make sure you had the exact same settings. Im sure the default setting has some fast mem available

foleyjo said:
@bodhee does sound like you need to disable the extra drives. When you tried it on Winuae did you make sure you had the exact same settings. Im sure the default setting has some fast mem available
On uae4allgp2x only 1 mega chip is emulated.

yeah I mean the defaul winuae setting Im sure it gives you 1mb ram and half meg of fast ram. Also he will need to make sure the same processor is selected. Am I right in thinking uae4all is 68000

Another world is on 2 disks i loaded the first disk it worked perfect then one part of the game it says insert the 2nd disk i did that it comes up with a floppy disk on the screen what do i do from there.

sukhigp said:
Another world is on 2 disks i loaded the first disk it worked perfect then one part of the game it says insert the 2nd disk i did that it comes up with a floppy disk on the screen what do i do from there.
Im gonna take a wild guess and say you inserted disk 2 then resseted the emulator and the disk you are seeing is the amiga screen. Try putting disk 2 in and continuing by pressing start

sukhigp said:
You might have indeed resetted the game.

Just load the 2 disks in seperate disk drives; df0 for the first disk, while df1 for the second disk. That should eliminate the need to swap between disks. (This works for other multi-disk games, though some games don't.) :p

Well using different drives didn't work i tried a different method it actually worked.
Does super street fighter II turbo work in the amiga emulator.

sukhigp said:
The disk drives is that in more options then he gets to misc options on that screen it says number of drives 1,2,3,4.
Another world disk i selected drive 1 and another world disk 2 i selected drive 2 after that i started the game it still shows amiga floppy disk.
No, you are doing it wrong.

You seem to mistook the Number of drives in the Misc Options as being the selector for which drive to use. That setting is just to set the total number of available drives that UAE4all can use; so if you set it to two, then only two disk drives are available for use. Just leave it at four.

You don't really need to select which disk drive UAE4all will use. What you need to do is to insert the proper disk files to the drives then it will detect them, then proceeds.

IMPORTANT! To insert adf disks into each drive (in Filemanager section), the buttons are: B for DF0:, Y for DF1:, A for DF2:, X for DF3:

Here is what you do (I assume all the settings are in their default values):
- Start the emulator
- While in the main menu, go to Select Image Disk
- Select "Another World" disk 1 by pressing the B button (inserts it to the first disk drive, df0)
- Go back to the Select Image Disk
- Select "Another World" disk 2 by pressing the Y button (inserts it to the second disk drive, df1)
- Run the emulator

That should work, if not, it's either you have disk files that may not be compatible/working or you have done something wrong.

No it doesn't work that way, don't bother i got it work in a different way.
have you tried flashback when i get to the main menu of the game where it says start i can't get the game to start none of the buttons work.

sukhigp said:
have you tried flashback when i get to the main menu of the game where it says start i can't get the game to start none of the buttons work.
Oh, it seems you edited your last post while I was typing my reply. Sorry, if I answered incorrectly. So what method did you use then? :p

I don't think Flashback works on v0.8.0, it listed under v0.7.0 in the compatibility list. I also double checked, it doesn't go past the main menu.

EDIT:

Which doesn't work that way?

I'm trying to use 0.7.0 version of amiga emulator and i installed the kick.rom 1.3 version same as .gpe file, when i select the emulator it says kick.rom not found what am i wrong.

sukhigp said:
I'm trying to use 0.7.0 version of amiga emulator and i installed the kick.rom 1.3 version same as .gpe file, when i select the emulator it says kick.rom not found what am i wrong.
I think it's in the Readme, check there first. If not, try searching, as it is an older version, there is bound to be an answer somewhere. (I haven't tried any of the older versions)

noldor73 said:
foleyjo said:
On uae4allgp2x only 1 mega chip is emulated.

the game works and runs very well with two disks..no biggie< ive just got to switch disks on load... neldor< im not a programmer so i wouldnt know how to change code but am willing to learn..any good tutorials?

The 0.7.0 amiga emulator is having trouble running kick.rom 1.3 file where can i find the right emulator to run it i have this emulator which doesn't run the bios file.

sukhigp said:
well i don't know the size it's an 1.3 version.
He means the file size. As in how many KB does windows say the file is

Back