Amiga Big Bash

craigix posted on Sep 18 2006 at 01:34 AM said:
There will be a new demo soonish yes sir.

Great - In all the photos I look smashed, and have a beer in one hand and food in the other, or the camera has been placed in such a way to give me double chins.. hehe ;-) As for the scary geeks - yes there are some who look a tad scary, but one of the cool things about the Amiga scene is a fairly varied demographic.

It was a good day, and thankyou to all those from these boards who came. The GP2X has created a bit of a fever amongst some people in the Amiga scene - Craig would have had a few more sales had it not been for some wives putting their foot down.

We had tried to get it more retro - we had contacted many retro firms and exhibitors - we had interest from some, only for them to pull out at the last minute. Craigs attendance was greatly appreciated. There were some geek journalists at the show, and I know (but am not at liberty to disclose WHO) that as a result, two magazines are thinking about doing a feature on the GP2X, and one is thinking of doing a regular round up on the console.

The GP2x was won by an Amigan, and the the uA1 was won by someone from the GP2X scene! If you know the chap who won the uA1, please advise him that as the OS is in beta, there are still some things (tho very few) that have a bit of a learning curve - particularly if you have forgotten the Amiga's way of doing things. If he would like any help please feel free to pop over to one of the amiga boards shown on www.amigabigbash.net (I wont post their urls here as I'm not sure of the netiquette for this site) Also, if you find its not to your likeing and decide to put it on ebay, its worth £500, so make sure you dont get any less for it.

I bought a gp2x at the show - very impressed with it. I'm now off to buy a copy of Vectar :)

Last edited by a moderator:
There will be a new demo soonish yes sir.

cool, i will be buying it anyway, and if it is coming out when you said it was its not too
long to wait anyway....

Back