Amiga Big Bash

Axeman

Axemeister
Website
Visit site
Well... got up at 4:30am to start the journey to Peterborough.

Looking forward to meeting some of you there. Always interesting meeting the forum members. Make sure you come up to Craig's stall and make yourself known to us! Might be an idea to make yourself a name badge too with your forum / real name - just to keep things easy!

I'll be wearing my Green 'Yoda' T-shirt fro those of you who feel like dropping in.

Again, for the day's events (mostly Amiga-Centric - but hey - it's their bash! ;) ) go to :-

http://www.amigabigbash.net

There's even going to be a webcam set up for you all to gawp at us :p

I will be posting a report later with piccies. If you're in the area, come down and get in on the pics :D

I'm heading up soon. Just hoping there is room on the bring and buy table for all this stuff:) I tried to contact them beforehand, but no-one replied:-(

Excited!

Mark

Right! We're here, and some of the setting up is happening. Craig ain't arrived yet, but hopefully hewont be long...

Go here for the feed :-

I'm the round bloke in the green yoda t-shirt thats hanging aound around the cam at the moment....!

updates throughout the day...!

Live webcam feed...!

EDIT: Just trying to find out how to watch the bloody thing :p

Guyfawkes posted on Sep 16 2006 at 02:46 PM said:
mmplayer should play it?
Mplayers not having it I'm afraid. Neithers XMMS :(
Nevermind I'll boot up my games machine & give it a go on WinXP64.
Cheers anyway..

***EDIT***
Installed WinAMP & the servers full.
Don't know if I should laugh or cry lol

Last edited by a moderator:
only allows upto 35 people, its streaming at 100kbps so i reckon they could double the max listeners by dropping it to 50kbps. there shouldnt be much difference as my net connection is showing its using half at most.

Well that was kind of fun... Smaller than I expected and not enough retro people. Luckily I'm kind of into Amiga too. DIsappointed by the lack of people from here. Maybe next year? I took along a bunch of retro stuff to sell. I managed to get rid of the Amiga bits but none of the rest. Perhaps taking an ST to sell at an Amiga show was a little ambitious:) Time to go ebay the rest.

Craig was there with a pair of attractive young ladies, who he had lured with free alcohol apparently. Not a bad plan! Like the pink hair:) Axeman was there practicing his fencing with some kind of big stick like thing.

On the GP2X side the cool stuff was:
i) Lots of GP2Xs. Kind of a critical mass. Almost as unusual as meeting the guy who ported the BBC emu on the tube.
ii) Payback _playable_ demo. I had a quick play, but the lighting in the hall was troublesome. I didn't manage to get as far as strealing a single car. But hey it looked pretty. Just needs his legs sorting...
iii) Seeing the TVout on the big screen. I'll have to get a breakout lead to put it on my plasma (which is better than that big screen:)).
iv) Grabbing a copy of Vectar.

On the Amiga side the cool stuff was:
i) Talking with Dennis about Minimig. Very nice FPGA hardware emulation project.
ii) Talking to Jens Schonfeld of Individual Computers. I showed him my broken soldering on GP32 and he suggested using a hot air soldering iron (at least I think that was him...). Perhaps I'll try that with my new GP32...
iii) Seeing MorphOS in action.
iv) Seeing AmigaOS 4 beta in action.
v) Convincing lots of the Amiga people to buy GP2Xs.

What was bad:
i) There were lots of scary geeks! Made me feel normal...
ii) Too small.
iii) Terrible too loud music.
iv) No-one bought my stuff.
v) Didn't get to have a proper technical chat about Minimig or Coldfusion boards. Too noisy and wrong atmosphere really.
vi) I didn't win the raffle!
vii) Not enough retro geeks or people from here.

Right, now I can go play with my new Giz.

Mark

Axeman seems like the sorta guy you would genuinely want to meet. I know nothing about the Amiga though, so wasn't there.

Wow, what a day, i must have met over 50 people and i'm afraid to say if you didn't tell me who you were, i didn't know! But it was nice to meet all of you. And for you to buy me drinks. :)

Venue was small but packed with people, we sold almost all the gp2xs we took, including some display consoles!

Right, i'm going to sleep now. long long day. Photos?

Wooaahhh :'( :'( I had to go from Brigthon to Stamford today for a formal party. I was so upset in the car I wanted to go to a RETRO+AMIGA+Gp2X meeting, that was perfect for me :'( I just did 400 Miles today I went near peterboro twice and I coulnt go there... so bad :(:(:(

craigix posted on Sep 16 2006 at 11:02 PM said:
Wow, what a day, i must have met over 50 people and i'm afraid to say if you didn't tell me who you were, i didn't know! But it was nice to meet all of you. And for you to buy me drinks. :)

Venue was small but packed with people, we sold almost all the gp2xs we took, including some display consoles!

Right, i'm going to sleep now. long long day. Photos?
I didn't get to see what you looked like on the webcam, curses.

I imagine you as someone between 25-35 with a expensive sort of kings robe, as GP2x crown on and a sceptor with a GP32 mounted as the handle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back