Amgia Aga For Pandora?

Gnostic: jees, if you can see the future, tell us when the pandora will be released, stop holding out on us!

I still have yet to decide on what to buy for my emulation world.

PSP, GP2X F200, Pandora.

I really only will play:

C64
ZX Spectrum
BBC
Amiga
Megadrive
SNES
Gameboys

If poss PS1

From what I have read (please correct me):

1.)PSP is ok with the above although the Amiga emulator isn't very good which is my main machine - cheap on ebay

2.)GP2X ok on most - more expensive than the PSP

3.) Pandora still in an un mature emulation dev phase so could be a while on some of these to be fully working - the most expensive, plus you could get a cheap laptop to do all of this instead.

Pandora, hands down.

Why?

Because you're interested in computer emulation. And Pandora's keyboard and touch screen automatically make it far superior to PSP or GP2X. As for it not being as mature - true. However it's far more capable than PSP or GP2X, both in terms of sheer power and also in terms of being open to development (compared to PSP).

Plus Pandora will be doing things that PSP and GP2X can't do at all. Emulation-wise and also application-wise.

As for comparing it to a notebook... it's slightly bigger than a DS Lite. It's tiny. It makes even an eeepc look big. So I really wouldn't compare it to a notebook at all.

At the very least, wait for more info on Pandora before buying something. Because there's a lot going on right now that we don't know about, and if you drop limited funds on a PSP or GP2X now, you might be kicking yourself later whan Pandora is finally available for purchase.

Gonzouk said:
I still have yet to decide on what to buy for my emulation world.

PSP, GP2X F200, Pandora.

I really only will play:

C64
ZX Spectrum
BBC
Amiga
Megadrive
SNES
Gameboys

If poss PS1

From what I have read (please correct me):

1.)PSP is ok with the above although the Amiga emulator isn't very good which is my main machine - cheap on ebay

2.)GP2X ok on most - more expensive than the PSP

3.) Pandora still in an un mature emulation dev phase so could be a while on some of these to be fully working - the most expensive, plus you could get a cheap laptop to do all of this instead.
PSP is good, I have a white slim it plays Genesis perfect thanks to Notz.

Snes,GBA, have not tried Amiga yet all run quite good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Of the presented choices, :pandora1: wins hands down. Yes, we don't know how capable it's emulators will be yet but we do know PS1 will work well, and fullspeed SNES is a given (which it isn't on the GP2X unless you sacrifice effects and compatibility). For computer emulation (C64, Speccy, Amiga...) the Pandora wins on account of having a physical keyboard. On the productivity side, it wins on account of being able to run a desktop operating system with lots of common applications like word processors, web browsers and email clients, as well as network tools and other utilities. It's open (in terms of development) as opposed to the PSP.

And while it's true that you can buy a notebook or even an eeePC that will cope with emulation just as well as the Pandora, a notebook or eeePC lacks dedicated gaming controls and doesn't fit in your pocket, while the Pandora has everything you'd expect from a notebook, plus gaming controls, a small form factor similar to the DS, and full connectivity and good expandability thanks to USB Host.

I know which one is getting my money... ;)

cappuchok said:
Of the presented choices, :pandora1: wins hands down. Yes, we don't know how capable it's emulators will be yet but we do know PS1 will work well, and fullspeed SNES is a given (which it isn't on the GP2X unless you sacrifice effects and compatibility). For computer emulation (C64, Speccy, Amiga...) the Pandora wins on account of having a physical keyboard. On the productivity side, it wins on account of being able to run a desktop operating system with lots of common applications like word processors, web browsers and email clients, as well as network tools and other utilities. It's open (in terms of development) as opposed to the PSP.

And while it's true that you can buy a notebook or even an eeePC that will cope with emulation just as well as the Pandora, a notebook or eeePC lacks dedicated gaming controls and doesn't fit in your pocket, while the Pandora has everything you'd expect from a notebook, plus gaming controls, a small form factor similar to the DS, and full connectivity and good expandability thanks to USB Host.

I know which one is getting my money... ;)
So could we be seeing these available to buy next month or so?

GnoStiC said:
sure :D

Hirolaser said:
Hirolaser said:
Could we have perfect C64 first please?
I did mean on the Pandora and not on GP2X btw

So, just for some clarity, sorry to ask (perhaps I'm an idiot), but can I take that as some sort of official word that a C64 emu will come at some point? I checked the faq and C64 isn't yellow/green yet. Thanks for any further word on this.

Do not take my list as any sort of final word!

What's there is only what we currently know about and can confirm publically. While I can't guarantee it, I will say I fully expect a C64 emulator at some point. Every handheld device has had a C64 emu, including GP32, GP2X etc. and I'm sure the Pandora will too.

Back