Alexkidd2x V0.2 Released

Puck2099 posted on May 11 2006 at 05:21 PM said:
TyBO! posted on May 11 2006 at 10:54 PM said:
Just got a chance to run the new version last night, and I'm very impressed! Underclocking, ftw... :)

You will be more impressed soon :)

I've increased speed considerably and I'm implementing some suggestions received, after including all of them I will release a new version :)

Regards
Cool... new releases are always appreciated!

One thing I noticed when using it again today though.... I think if you underclock when playing a ROM, then exit the program, the system stays underclocked. I tried running DrMDx after using this emu and noticed most of the games were running too slow to play, so I'm assuming that was the problem. Maybe you could fix it so that the processer goes back to 200mhz when you quit the program...

Also, I agree with EvilDragon that having options that you can edit and save as default (like in SquidgeSNES) would be nice.

Otherwise, I can't complain. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
TyBO! posted on May 12 2006 at 06:14 AM said:
One thing I noticed when using it again today though.... I think if you underclock when playing a ROM, then exit the program, the system stays underclocked. I tried running DrMDx after using this emu and noticed most of the games were running too slow to play, so I'm assuming that was the problem. Maybe you could fix it so that the processer goes back to 200mhz when you quit the program...

I thought the menu sets speed to 200 Mhz before launching a new game... Anyway, it is already fixed in my WIP version.

Also, I agree with EvilDragon that having options that you can edit and save as default (like in SquidgeSNES) would be nice.

I'm currently working on that, you will be able to set a default configuration to apply by default to all games but at the time you will be ablo to set a specific configuration for each game.

Regards

bacteria posted on May 12 2006 at 11:06 AM said:
Just a suggestion, but any chance of a screenshot of every game playable on your emulator? It would be nice to see what all the games look like.

Pretty much every game is playable. At least, I haven't found a game not playable.

Puck2099 posted on May 12 2006 at 07:09 AM said:

I thought the menu sets speed to 200 Mhz before launching a new game... Anyway, it is already fixed in my WIP version.

Maybe he's not running a 1.4 or 2.0 fw.

sand_man posted on May 12 2006 at 08:52 AM said:
bacteria posted on May 12 2006 at 11:06 AM said:
Just a suggestion, but any chance of a screenshot of every game playable on your emulator? It would be nice to see what all the games look like.

Pretty much every game is playable. At least, I haven't found a game not playable.
Nah.. I'm on 1.4, but it's cool... I'm just glad to know it's fixed in the WIP. :D

The Spider Mastermind posted on May 13 2006 at 09:39 AM said:
Very nice, amused myself for a while playing Alex Kidd in Miracle Land, something I havent played in a very long time(didn't that come built into the master system?)

Anyways nice job!

Yeah it was probably built in to some kind of ROM chip that was automatically loaded if no cart was inserted.

I had a Master System 2, and it had Alex Kidd in Miracle World built into the system. It'd play when no cart was inserted.

I later obtained an original Master System unit, and it had a weird maze game built into it.

Puck2099 - Thank you so much for this great emulator! Really impressive stuff! Just rekindled fond memories of Alex Kidd In Shinobi World.

I have a quick question regarding the FM chip function ..... is it working yet? I have tried games that I know to be compatible with the "FM Chip" (Outrun & Wonderboy In Monster Land), but whether FM chip is enabled or disabled it doesn't make a difference to the sound! Am I doing something wrong ( I'm running ver.0.2 with Firmware 2.0

Having the FM Chip sound would be the icing on the cake to this great emulator!

Back