Albion Icon?

doc5avage

Website
Visit site
I have searched for, but cannot find, a png icon for ALBION.
That gmenu2x cog is annoying. Has anyone got one or can make one?

Cheers

albionet2.png

Any good? Don't forget to rename it to the same as the GPE filename. :)

For something different, or if anyone wants one for another game, post here and I'll see what I can do. (No damn cogs on my '2X, I tell thee.)

Here are some other '2X icons I made/hacked/ripped (I think they're all my work... if I've accidentally included someone else's here, oops.)

Another World
anothersu6.png

Battle of Britain (DOSBox)
bobyf1.png

D1x Rebirth (Descent)
d1xrebirthfullscreenkn3.png

PC Engine
gp2xengineck0.png

ZX Spectrum
gp2xpectrumvh2.png

...I have some more, but the silly forum won't let me post them all. :( Once someone else posts I can go again.

Here be another six. I have a DOS icon I use as a category icon, I'll dig that out.

Heroes2x
heroesqe6.png

Lexeme
lexemetj9.png

Generic Game&Watch icon ("borrowed" from Ruckage's Dastardly Dungeon artwork)
mariogamewatchvg2.png

PDF Viewer
pdfviewic5.png

Prince of Persia (DOSBox)
princefn6.png

Tetrablocks
tetrablocksmx7.png

Yeah, nice transparent ones always look the best. I'm usually throwing them together quickly at work, hence the squarefest. Here's a Duke Nukem 1 icon with added effort:

duke1ug6.png

Hey Gruso, what do you use to make your icons? Do you capture images from the game first?

What is your workflow? I'd like to make some too. Will the gimp do?

Cheers

I use Photoshop, I think Gimp will do the job too. I source images from wherever I can, the options being (in rough order of where I look first):

- The accompanying image on the GP2X file archive page
- Any images in the game folder(s) - this is where I got the Airstrike icon.
- Google. If it's a known game, you'll often turn up logos, box art or screenshots.
- Wikipedia. The Duke 1 icon was extracted from a screenshot on Wiki.
- As a last resort, in-game screenshots taken with Gshot.

From here it can be as simple as cropping a square section out, resizing to 32x32, and saving as PNG. There'll be a little trial and error getting it to look passable at such a small size.

If you're lucky you'll be working with an image that already has a transparent background, so you can make nice ones like the Airstrike icon. Otherwise, Photoshop's "magic eraser" is a godsend (I used this for Duke). The Duke screenshot was also good in that the sprite size was already perfect for the 32x32 size – it didn't need resizing, so the image stays crisp.

Some great icons here. The apps I am missing icons for are:

Football Manager
GP2xChess
Descent 2x

Has anyone produced any for these?

I uploaded my icons in this thread; it also includes my own Albion icon. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back