Alarm Clock & Sleep Mode

mcfab

Still Fresh
Dear forum,

I would like to use the Wiz as a basic alarm clock like the one you can find into PDAs or cell phones. I have read somewhere the Wiz provides a "timer" fonction but without much more details.

So please could someone tell me if:
- I can use the alarm feature to wake up the device, then play my favorite song :) ?

- the clock application can run in a background process ? (Okay, Linux is a multitasking OS, but maybe not the GUI )

- is it possible to put the device in suspend/sleep mode ? Maybe by writing a small application or by modifying the firmware ?

Thanks!

mcfab said:
Dear forum,

I would like to use the Wiz as a basic alarm clock like the one you can find into PDAs or cell phones. I have read somewhere the Wiz provides a "timer" fonction but without much more details.

So please could someone tell me if:
- I can use the alarm feature to wake up the device, then play my favorite song :) ?

- the clock application can run in a background process ? (Okay, Linux is a multitasking OS, but maybe not the GUI )

- is it possible to put the device in suspend/sleep mode ? Maybe by writing a small application or by modifying the firmware ?

Thanks!

As far as I know, the wiz only has a countdown timer (IE put in 7 hours and it counts down to 0) and it has a really lame happy-go-lucky theme it plays once the countdown is finished. I've used it as an alarm clock before, but it's kind of lame. =P Otherwise, I guess if you want to look for different software you could find something.

Last edited by a moderator:
b1ueskycomp1ex said:
As far as I know, the wiz only has a countdown timer (IE put in 7 hours and it counts down to 0) and it has a really lame happy-go-lucky theme it plays once the countdown is finished. I've used it as an alarm clock before, but it's kind of lame. =P Otherwise, I guess if you want to look for different software you could find something.

Indeed, it seems pretty useless :-/

Thanks for your reply!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back