Alarm clock?

Bronek

Will it be possible to set an alarm clock and put Pandora to sleep, assured that it will automatically wake up (and me too) at the specified time? In other words, is RTC clock alone capable of resuming the device?

I was JUST reading a thread on gp32x. The RTC can start the Pandora if it has been suspended to RAM, but not when in hibernation or off. So yes, it should be possible.

Should be good enough, with the pwnful battery the Panda has, suspend should give us hundreds of hours.

fischju said:
I was JUST reading a thread on gp32x. The RTC can start the Pandora if it has been suspended to RAM, but not when in hibernation or off.
Great, this is exactly what I was asking for.

The OMAP N8x0 can actually boot on an alarm. I haven't seen this myself so it might be a lie.. but it's been stated several places - anyone up for testing it?

Beds are typically next to a power source.

The easiest, guaranteed way would be to leave it on and charging, and have a cron job play the alarm sound at the proper time.

Make sure the volume is up, too.

On the other hand, I currently use my cell phone to wake up when I bike camp. I'm curious about the Pandora's capabilities in this area without being left on and plugged in.

iain said:
On the other hand, I currently use my cell phone to wake up when I bike camp. I'm curious about the Pandora's capabilities in this area without being left on and plugged in.

Well the Pandora can sleep for up to a month on a full charge, so you should be OK there, as long as you don't play it for, say more than 2 hours a day over a weekend camp.

I understand, but I'm unclear if it can wake from suspend-to-RAM. If so, how does it work?

Back