Akuma No Houkon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Website
Visit site
Has anybody heard anything from Aluma No Houkon recently. He used to be constantly on these boards but he hasnt been here for a while and I havent heard anything about any of his projects.

He's probably just busy or on holiday or something but I thought I would post this as imo these forums benefitted from his presence (lots of interesting debates etc).

Where are you Akuma??

He was always full of himself, so hopefully he has departed.

I dunno. I liked him. And I *certainly* liked his projects - Electronia... Perfectfit... even GpBoxes - they all were brilliant for the GP.

Just my 2p though

He was always full of himself, so hopefully he has departed.
That's not very nice... :angry:

:eek: <Head Explodes>

Akuma No Houkon has done alot for this scene and has made some very good homebrew.
I don't think he would have left without telling anyone...

:huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Why have you even bothered posting this as opposed to simply pm'ing him as I did? Anyways Akuma said:

"Been working on some non GP projects, I tend to get into phases, and get distracted easily, I will pick up GP32 again soon to finish off some projects and start some new ones though.

Just waiting for something big to happen, like a new OS9xGP or some such to pull me back"

So there you have it.

Pip and Rockout, get a grip! Akuma no Houkon has contributed heaps to this scene, and your petty complaints are really bad form. Guess what - Akuma no Houkon, like most of us, has a personality: and like any group of people with different personalities, not everyone will along like a house on fire.

So what if he sounded "full of himself" (I've never noticed that, I've chatted with him a lot and always found him totally cool). And so what if he criticised your website? Plenty of people criticise mine, they're easy to ignore.

Personally I'd be extremely sorry if Akuma no Houkon never came back to share his stuff with us. Although with whiners like you two around here, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't bother :angry:

Why have you even bothered posting this as opposed to simply pm'ing him as I did? Anyways Akuma said:

"Been working on some non GP projects, I tend to get into phases, and get distracted easily, I will pick up GP32 again soon to finish off some projects and start some new ones though.

Just waiting for something big to happen, like a new OS9xGP or some such to pull me back"

So there you have it.
First of all, this is a public forum devoted to the GP32. This means that information that one member might find interesting will probably be interesting to other members. Starting a topic like this one will answer the same question for many and therefore developers wont have to answer the same question 100 times via PM.

I thought that was the whole point in a Public Forum?

Secondly, Pip, what the hell was the point in your response. Its yours and others fault that these forums are full of threads asking people to be nicer. There was no point to your response, it achieved nothing and was written with the intention of causing a backlash.

Pip and Rockout, get a grip! Akuma no Houkon has contributed heaps to this scene, and your petty complaints are really bad form. Guess what - Akuma no Houkon, like most of us, has a personality: and like any group of people with different personalities, not everyone will along like a house on fire.

So what if he sounded "full of himself" (I've never noticed that, I've chatted with him a lot and always found him totally cool). And so what if he criticised your website? Plenty of people criticise mine, they're easy to ignore.

Personally I'd be extremely sorry if Akuma no Houkon never came back to share his stuff with us. Although with whiners like you two around here, I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't bother :angry:
Well said Robster :).

*Seconds Rob*

And I'll add to that, Akuma has ALWAYS been very nice to me, he even let me beta his superb electronia! I've seen very few developers who'll just give you a beta of their program, just because you sound interested.

Here's what he said to me when I PM'ed him.

When I came to this community to make some games, I left behind a long project of mine, I put it on hold because I had no motivation. After making a couple games for the GP32, I got that motivation back and am continuing work on my project. Once its finished I will come back to making GP32 games, right now the GP32 community just isnt very attractive, nothing worthwhile has been released in ages, once something does, my GP32 may draw me back fast.

So basically hes gonna finish his project like what triksR4rabits said.

If Axeman was generalmx, this topic would have been locked and moved somewhere far, far, away.

(Not that that's a bad thing now that the question is answered) ;)

Bah its always people like pip starting the shit. Hes' always first comes in and says some stupid crap than doesn't reappear for a while. i think pip is full of it. Some of the older members are the ones creating the problems.

So there you have it.
First of all, this is a public forum devoted to the GP32. This means that information that one member might find interesting will probably be interesting to other members. Starting a topic like this one will answer the same question for many and therefore developers wont have to answer the same question 100 times via PM.

I thought that was the whole point in a Public Forum?

Secondly, Pip, what the hell was the point in your response. Its yours and others fault that these forums are full of threads asking people to be nicer. There was no point to your response, it achieved nothing and was written with the intention of causing a backlash.
Pip just loves to flame. He flamed me twice with a smart ass remark just because I had asked if a certain emu was possible (not asking for one). :angry:

Lets see here who should REALLY depart:

Akuma No Houkon: Creates GAMES in his spare time for us to play for free.

OR

Pip: Creates FLAMES for no good reason.

Hmmmm. maybe we should have a poll <_<

Because someone made a game justifices all other behaviors? I've seen him write plenty of lenghty posts and then when proven wrong (which he often is) he gets upset. He seems to have a problem with admitting he is wrong.

I have never written a flame and never will, so those of you accusing me (which could be considered a flame in itself) can go to sleep.

Because someone made a game justifices all other behaviors? I've seen him write plenty of lenghty posts and then when proven wrong (which he often is) he gets upset. He seems to have a problem with admitting he is wrong.

I have never written a flame and never will, so those of you accusing me (which could be considered a flame in itself) can go to sleep.
People weren't flaming you they were just saying that it was irresponsibe to say what you did on the forum.

And you said that "he was full of himself", while of course you are allowed your own opinion, you should still try to look on the bright side, at all the cool games he contributed to the scene, rather than dissing him just becaues you disagreed with him.

I think that just because you disliked him is no reason for him not to come back on these boards, (and if he was to have read this it may have made him leave - while you may have been happy because of this, others would not have)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back