Ajack's Menu Bar/icon Collection

I allready updated them to the other colors, but before I upload the new archive I want to make some requested icons. So be patient, it'll come soon.

lenrlad

PS: Thorax, there is a new emulator outside, the Thomson Mo5 (DCMO5) ;)

i've made a white/blue template, which fits with the default menu style:

caanoobar-white-blue.png

an alternate tv-out title (white/blue version):

title.png

and icon/bar for gpmark app:

gpmark_t.png
gpmark_i.png

lenrlad said:
gr3yh47 said:
The inis are a good idea but i think more work than just naming the files and directories properly
also MOST of the games and applications have title bars. to be able to just drag n drop all and fix the one or two inis that dont have this is a big difference than everyone that gets this having to individually rename all the files.

plus I'm renaming to put them on my caanoo anyway so its no extra work for me to gradually build them properly named.

I should also note that if anyone already has a large amount of these properly named on their SD card i can easily make a script that will pull the properly named directories and just the pictures in them to a copy location so please let me know if you have a large number of these installed

1+

I have renamed many .inis and folders and customized my inis to have a consistent naming and have an alphabetic order. The inis will make me to rename all this stuff, and I hate it to be made to follow the standard. So let the archive with it's icons. I think it's easier when you know what to edit in your .ini file, because then you can make your caanoo look like you want.

BTW, I'm doing some icons right now, but no go for the emulators. I'm too stupid to find some good looking icons for them. So AJack, please can you make some icons for the new emus? (Intellivision and TI-99)

lenrlad

So just so I understand, you Have all your ini's customized to the archives file names?
if so I will write a script that will pull just them and the folder structure off of your card to your computer so you can easily addd them to the archive

please lett me know

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep, you're right.

I customized nearly all the .inis for the following reasons:
- have a consitency naming of all the icons matching to the one of the archive.
- text in the .inis should be the same than on the title icons.
- renamed the .inis and folders to be in an alphabetical order.

So, the script would be nice, but you'll have to get the folders also. And then you can provide a "Full Game Pack for Caanoo with new icons". ;)

And now for all who waited so long: The Skin Pack v1.5

CHANGELOG:
- All banners with icons previously posted
- All banners in six variations (grey-blue; grey-green; grey-orange; white-blue; white-green; white-orange)
- Thanks to hi-ban for the idea with the white bar.
- Update of the Skins and menus
- Some tidy up (matching filenames)
- Now templates for all styles.

lenrald

PS: Hey ColdRush. The archive seems to get real big. Would it ok for you if I'll go to look for a tidy archive (e.g. rename files or so)?

you might want to pack the icons using 7-Zip format instead of normal Zip. Using it, the size goes from 16,5Mb (.zip)to 9'84Mb (.7z)
7-zip is freeware. www.7-zip.org

hi-ban said:
you might want to pack the icons using 7-Zip format instead of normal Zip. Using it, the size goes from 16,5Mb (.zip)to 9'84Mb (.7z)
7-zip is freeware. www.7-zip.org

Yeah thanks,
I'll do this when we get new icons.

Hey friends and Ajack, first wanna thank ya'll for the icons!
Certainly salvaged a number of apps and games that were in some dire shape.
Made my Caanoo a better place to hang out in general!

I wanted to share with you all a "skin" I've been using on my Caanoo.
Menu_swooshB.png

I have a beautiful white Caanoo, and it looks especially sweet, what with the swoosh kinda following the spin of the menu's words and all.
Suddenly makes the Caanoo look a bit more trendy, if that's your thing.
Here's a nasty webcam pic
caanoo_swoop.jpg

To be fair, I didn't make it. Its a wallpaper I found here Simple Desktops : classical funk. I just did some clever cropping.

hey, the "wallpaper" looks nice.
If you can do it, you can maybe customize the image a bit to fit into the normal wallpaper. What I mean is, add a circle like shadow and make some parts darker (or brighter) than others.
If you want I can include this one, too.

lenrlad

lenrlad said:
Yep, you're right.

I customized nearly all the .inis for the following reasons:
- have a consitency naming of all the icons matching to the one of the archive.
- text in the .inis should be the same than on the title icons.
- renamed the .inis and folders to be in an alphabetical order.

So, the script would be nice, but you'll have to get the folders also. And then you can provide a "Full Game Pack for Caanoo with new icons". ;)

And now for all who waited so long: The Skin Pack v1.5

CHANGELOG:
- All banners with icons previously posted
- All banners in six variations (grey-blue; grey-green; grey-orange; white-blue; white-green; white-orange)
- Thanks to hi-ban for the idea with the white bar.
- Update of the Skins and menus
- Some tidy up (matching filenames)
- Now templates for all styles.

lenrald

PS: Hey ColdRush. The archive seems to get real big. Would it ok for you if I'll go to look for a tidy archive (e.g. rename files or so)?

Are your game files actually in renamed folders? I can mirror the file structure easily but it sort of defeats the purpose if people have to move all their game files to different folders when they install the icons

Also we need one for Aggressive pong - the lonely game on my caanoo without a title bar :)
*Edit - i should have checked the new archive first :p it's looking great*

gr3yh47 said:
Are your game files actually in renamed folders? I can mirror the file structure easily but it sort of defeats the purpose if people have to move all their game files to different folders when they install the icons

Yep, I renamed some folders, because they had a terrible name. Some were written Upercase, or start with the wrong Letter. That means, that a game beginning with "D" is sorted into "M" because the .ini (and folder) starts with an 'm'. :blink:

lenrlad

lenrlad said:
hey, the "wallpaper" looks nice.
If you can do it, you can maybe customize the image a bit to fit into the normal wallpaper. What I mean is, add a circle like shadow and make some parts darker (or brighter) than others.
If you want I can include this one, too.

lenrlad

Hey, so I thought about that and gave it a bit of shot. The effect is mega subtle, but I think it makes sense when you see it on the Caanoo. The icons have a bit of a halo look to them. Wallpaper looks a bit more tailored to the content on the Caanoo screen.

And yeah sure! you can include it if you want :)

menu_swooshB.png

lenrlad said:
gr3yh47 said:

Yep, I renamed some folders, because they had a terrible name. Some were written Upercase, or start with the wrong Letter. That means, that a game beginning with "D" is sorted into "M" because the .ini (and folder) starts with an 'm'. :blink:

lenrlad

Ok lenrlad, here you go (assuming you have windows:
download/install the windows server resource kit (it's small and has the copy tool needed)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

make a copy of your entire sd card to C:\CaanooSD (because the script will run slowly and may fail if run against the sd card)
make a new folder - C:\Sorted - where the folder structure will go that has just .ini and .png files.

open a command prompt (start menu > run, type cmd and hit enter)

type:
Robocopy C:\CaanooSD C:\Sorted *.ini /mir /w:2 /r:2
and hit enter, then
Robocopy C:\CaanooSD C:\Sorted *.png /mir /w:2 /r:2

then you can delete the caanoosd folder and check the sorted - should have all .png and .ini and all folders without any other files

let me know if it works out :)

-gr3yh47

Also, with the backgrounds that have the big white circle on the left and the colored lines on the right - can someone make versions of those that the white circle is filled in the same color as the lines :X thx :)

(especially interested in the purple :p)

gr3yh47 said:
download/install the windows server resource kit (it's small and has the copy tool needed)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?FamilyID=9d467a69-57ff-4ae7-96ee-b18c4790cffd&displaylang=en

make a copy of your entire sd card to C:\CaanooSD (because the script will run slowly and may fail if run against the sd card)
make a new folder - C:\Sorted - where the folder structure will go that has just .ini and .png files.

type:
and hit enter, then

then you can delete the caanoosd folder and check the sorted - should have all .png and .ini and all folders without any other files

-gr3yh47
UPS... I don't have windows, but ubuntu linux. But I can try to do it myself (sure only if you don'T want to ;) ).

What wallpaper do you mean? wall02 or wall03? Because I did edition 2, but don't really get what you mean.

lenrlad

lenrlad said:
gr3yh47 said:

type:
and hit enter, then

-gr3yh47
UPS... I don't have windows, but ubuntu linux. But I can try to do it myself (sure only if you don'T want to ;) ).

What wallpaper do you mean? wall02 or wall03? Because I did edition 2, but don't really get what you mean.

lenrlad

wall2 - i like the darker look because i have the black caanoo. filled in purple menu would be nice too.

also looks like I'll have to figure out rsync to automate the files for linux

lenrlad said:
Do you mean something like this? (Purple stolen from mospeadax's wallpaper ;) )
wall03proto.png

lenrlad

PS: I will edit this one of course.

yesss. except purple or green lines on the right side instead of orange would look better ithink :D

still working on that rsync it is much different than robocopy lol

oh yeah, also, need icons/titles for adamant armor affection, and Mutant tank knights

Back