Ajack's Menu Bar/icon Collection

mospaedax said:
A new wallpaper :

menu-310.png

The menu bar with the same design can be find here : (don't post here cause they doesn't match)
http://caanoo.forumactif.net/t223p30-fonds-d-ecran-pour-la-caanoo#4032 (work in progress)

great work, but i can't access the french site.
the bar also looks great, but i won't use a bar with french spelling on it. english isn't my mother tongue, too (as u may have noticed by my sh*tty grammar), but i want to keep it a bit "international".

Last edited by a moderator:
french, french, french, ...
1+
Please make English icons. The caanoo menu is originally in English and English is THE world language. Nothing against French people but English will look more international than French (or make them for all supported languages by the caanoo ;) ). At all it's a nice looking wallpaper you made.
Is it necessary to register at you site to see the icons?

And I'm a German, too :) . (Thorax and I came to overtake the English community :lol: )

lenrlad

Great work on all of these! I love them!

There's no Wolfenstein Art yet?

Dunno if anyone is taking requests, but I'd prefer a Genesis and Turbografx title rather than Megadrive and PCEngine (Even though those are the original names - hey we still refer to famicom as nintendo)

Since this has turned into an unofficial skinmaker thread, I have a few questions:

1. On the menu part of the skin, I'm guessing there's no way to change the area around the bars? I want to do a dark skin, but it's annoying to have those white parts above and below. It'd look much nicer with these title bars if we could have a dark menu with orange highlights and no white.

2. Can you change the font colors of the first menu when you turn on the Caanoo? (Games/Apps/Etc...). I really want to do an orange and grey theme, but the blue fonts clash.

3. Lastly, can you change the names of the menu selections? Like can I change Apps to Homebrew?

Thanks!!!

Many thanks to all involved people. My Caanoo looks much better with your banners&icons.

It would be nice, if one of the talented guys here could make some graphics for the following games/apps.

- Wolf4SDL OpenHandhelds
- Pixbros (There is a banner somewhere in this thread, but only an orange one) FunGP
- Mana World OpenHandhelds
- Shanghai 2 OpenHandhelds
- Sachunsung 2 OpenHandhelds
- GnuRobbo OpenHandhelds
- CloneKeenPlus My link
- CoolDown OpenHandhelds
- Caanoo-Biniax2x OpenHandhelds
- Caanoo-Mancala OpenHandhelds
- Caanoo-Go OpenHandhelds
- FleshChasmer: The Eve OpenHandhelds
- Adamant Armor Affection OpenHandhelds
- Aggressive Pong OpenHandhelds
- Art Shot OpenHandhelds
- Coral Sea OpenHandhelds
- Ken's Labyrinth OpenHandhelds

A banner for the samba daemon and mplayer would be nice too ;)

Unfortunately I am a bad artist, so I just can beg that someone creates these missing graphics.
Thanks in advance.

Ghead

Hey,
if you have a request post it up here! :)

Banners for Pixbros and Ken's Labyrinth are already there but the icons are missing (we haven't included them yet to be userfriendly). But no problem to make these icons.

I planned already to make some banners and icons for the apps, but I don't have enough time, because school started again last week :( . Nevertheless I'll look what I can do.

lenrlad

yeah i made the bars for ken's lab and pixbros...but i didn't have the time to make icons...and unfortunately i don't have time right now...

Hi guys.
First off:
AJack, Thorax, and lenrlad - you guys are awesome. this is amazing and all the Icons look much muchmuchmuchmuch better than the defaults.

I want to contribute but sadly I am a terrible artist. I do more video editing but that doesn;t really help either.

So instead, what I am doing is renaming folders and individual icons for drag and drop 'install' so that people can very quickly and easily replace the default icons.
I just got my caanoo so I am doing this as I install things. It will be done for the emus first and then I'll be moving on to others.

I will let you know when I make decent progress.

thanks again for all of this

-gr3yh47

gr3yh47 said:
Hi guys.
First off:
AJack, Thorax, and lenrlad - you guys are awesome. this is amazing and all the Icons look much muchmuchmuchmuch better than the defaults.

I want to contribute but sadly I am a terrible artist. I do more video editing but that doesn;t really help either.

So instead, what I am doing is renaming folders and individual icons for drag and drop 'install' so that people can very quickly and easily replace the default icons.
I just got my caanoo so I am doing this as I install things. It will be done for the emus first and then I'll be moving on to others.

-gr3yh47

I thought of this before, but some applications don't have a title bar included in their ini. Either way users will have to do some form of work when installing these.

Thorax said:
as i said before: we could include the .inis, too ;)

If he wants to do that, then all power to him :D

It's alot of work though.

ColdRush said:
gr3yh47 said:
Hi guys.
First off:

-gr3yh47

I thought of this before, but some applications don't have a title bar included in their ini. Either way users will have to do some form of work when installing these.

The inis are a good idea but i think more work than just naming the files and directories properly
also MOST of the games and applications have title bars. to be able to just drag n drop all and fix the one or two inis that dont have this is a big difference than everyone that gets this having to individually rename all the files.

plus I'm renaming to put them on my caanoo anyway so its no extra work for me to gradually build them properly named.

I should also note that if anyone already has a large amount of these properly named on their SD card i can easily make a script that will pull the properly named directories and just the pictures in them to a copy location so please let me know if you have a large number of these installed

gr3yh47 said:
I should also note that if anyone already has a large amount of these properly named on their SD card i can easily make a script that will pull the properly named directories and just the pictures in them to a copy location so please let me know if you have a large number of these installed
I do... I think. For some reason, half of the banners don't work, and for some games, it keeps loading the wrong game... I must have done something terribly wrong.

gr3yh47 said:
The inis are a good idea but i think more work than just naming the files and directories properly
also MOST of the games and applications have title bars. to be able to just drag n drop all and fix the one or two inis that dont have this is a big difference than everyone that gets this having to individually rename all the files.

plus I'm renaming to put them on my caanoo anyway so its no extra work for me to gradually build them properly named.

1+

I have renamed many .inis and folders and customized my inis to have a consistent naming and have an alphabetic order. The inis will make me to rename all this stuff, and I hate it to be made to follow the standard. So let the archive with it's icons. I think it's easier when you know what to edit in your .ini file, because then you can make your caanoo look like you want.

BTW, I'm doing some icons right now, but no go for the emulators. I'm too stupid to find some good looking icons for them. So AJack, please can you make some icons for the new emus? (Intellivision and TI-99)

lenrlad

lol lenrad...i guess i made almost half of the bars :D

@qbertaddict: right now i cant, cause i'm not at home for some days...so i don't have photoshop available...sry

Back