Release Airline Tycoon Deluxe

ptitSeb

Serial Porter
Here is a Launcher for Airline Tycoon Deluxe
preview1.png

This is just a launcher for the Linux version of the game, so you'll need to have the original game. Either put the gog shell script installer in appdata/atdeluxe (it will be detected and data autoextracted is name is gog_airline_tycoon_deluxe_*.sh) or copy the whole files of an already installed copy.

A video of Airline Tyccon Deluxe running on a Gigahertz Pandora

The first screen to select languages is way to big for the Pandora, and only English, German and French are on screen... Language selection is stored in appdata/atdeluxe/home/.AirlineTycoonDeluxe/language.ini The rest of the game is fullscreen and fit the screen.

Note that if extracting gog data on a FAT32 SDCard, the game will take more space that it should: the archive contains a lot of symlink for the different languages and symlink are not supported on FAT32 and the extractor will fall back to copying the file instead of symlink...

(This is the first PND using Box86. I'll create a full thread about Box86 later. Just a warning, current Box86 doesn't include any JIT, so it can be slow, and still contains bugs... You've been warned.)

There seems to be a bug in Box86, the intro movie have no sound. Rest of the game is fine, with sound and music (but I suggest you disable Screen transition effect)

History log
=========

Build 01
-----------

• Use vanilla Linux version, with Box86

Last edited:
Great!
Next frontier is the release of a good amount of (not too demanding) Linux x86 games on Pandora (and Pyra).

I'll test this game on the weekend :)

wow, I didn't think you would release box86 so soon! very cool, thanks a lot!

All hail the great ptitSeb!

What sort of x86 level of power are we getting? 80486?

It's like qemu, but many libs the software use (libc, libm, SDL..) or the native version, using some wrappers...

Here is a Launcher for Airline Tycoon Deluxe

This is just a launcher for the Linux version of the game, so you'll need to have the original game. Either put the gog shell script installer in appdata/atdeluxe (it will be detected and data autoextracted is name is gog_airline_tycoon_deluxe_*.sh) or copy the whole files of an already installed copy.

(This is the first PND using Box86. I'll create a full thread about Box86 later. Just a warning, current Box86 doesn't include any JIT, so it can be slow, and still contains bugs... You've been warned.)

There seems to be a bug in Box86, the intro movie have no sound. Rest of the game is fine, with sound and music (but I suggest you disable Screen transition effect)

History log
=========

Build 01
-----------

• Use vanilla Linux version, with Box86

Interesting! Did you made any use of the source code GOG added for this game as bonus?
https://www.gog.com/news/release_bairline_tycoon_deluxeb "As an added bonus, the package here comes with the game's Windows source code for your viewing and tweaking pleasure."

Just tested on my CC Pandora using the GOG release and it run good, the only thing that annoy me is the tiny text used (on the mails for example) , but the rest is running very fine, congrats.

Back