Advertizing in magazine - Time to think about catching attention

fantomid

Very Active Member
I am searching for some catch phrases to present all the people involved here.

The first part of the advert will get phrases like:
Passion for retrogaming
Talented community
The Open Source mouvement
Two handhelds

like a way, a conclusion of the first three sentences

Then you will find a Pandora and a Pyra facing each other
with some key words about the main features (wireless, touchscreen, and so on)

At the bottom, I will put the web links and the fact that we will be in Toulouse Game Show.
Indeed, the advert need to be in French.
But if it's good enough maybe we could use it in other language too, who knows ...

One last point, the final advert need to be sent before the end of September.

If you got ideas, you are welcome.
Thanks ...

For the spec part, we can dig into the old flyers and take what we judge the best formulas.
We can also talk about the GPH period as we have veterans here and can increase the timeline, which is better for advertising.

As the advert is for a game show, it would be great to show some programs to develop games (or at least edit little parts) on the go, like Tiled, Aseprite or Audacity.

Wouldn't advertising the Pandora be a bad idea since it'll soon (if not already) be out of production? Or are there enough units left to be sold off?

Wouldn't advertising the Pandora be a bad idea since it'll soon (if not already) be out of production? Or are there enough units left to be sold off?

In fact, the goal is to advertize the project. I don't think @ED will sell Pandora a lot (remaining quantities are very low). But the handheld is here, I hope, for some years again with its grand sister. So I think, Pandora have to be on the A4 advert because it's part of the project :D

Without the Pandora, the Pyra would not exist.
Without @ED and all the people here, we could not speak about these great tiny devices.

Last edited:
I'd prefer "logiciel libre" than "open source" but I'm not sure I'm representative of this community.

I'd prefer "logiciel libre" than "open source" but I'm not sure I'm representative of this community.

Yep, will put "logiciel libre"

First try:
Retroplaying-mini.png

I'd keep our punchy formula as a first sentence :
The ultimate handheld device(s)
or something like that.
We hear it often from them when ppl comes at our booth so it has an impact.
Besides that, the Pandora part should be minimalist, if not skipped. Don't forget that many ppl still got a bad opinion of the OP regarding of the mess it was before ED took the lead.

I'd keep our punchy formula as a first sentence :
or something like that.
lead.

I put only one sentence. Or I put "The ultimate handheld device(s)" as the last sentences ?

Besides that, the Pandora part should be minimalist, if not skipped. Don't forget that many ppl still got a bad opinion of the OP regarding of the mess it was before ED took the lead.
But Pandora is part of the history.

In fact, maybe I will put a smaller Pandora. And precision about the end of life for Pandora and the "near to be released" Pyra.
Don't know how to put that on the advert :(

The first sentence is the most important if the font size is the same.
Yes, the OP is part of history, but I'm not sure it's worth mentioning in a "big" way. Besides, the HTTP link mentions it.

First sentences:
thanks to
Passion for retrogaming
Talented community members
Free Software movement​

for example,
or

thanks to
Passion for retrogaming

Talented community members

Free Software movement

and with a tiny Pandora

Looks ok apart too much of the same color (red).
Maybe use uppercase on some parts.
Also skip the () in (s) as theres the two devices ^^.

I'm not exactly sure if our help is even needed in this regard...
What we had at Gamescom was pretty neat and could easily be derived from.
pyrapullup.jpg

(the best image I have of it, sorry)

Even if we're gonna do this, a white background is slightly boring and please, please, no Comic Sans.

At the bottom, I will put the web links and the fact that we will be in Toulouse Game Show.
Indeed, the advert need to be in French.
A few questions spring to mind :

What is the main purpose of the advert? (to generate pre orders for Pyra? Spread general awareness? Promote open source? Get people to attend the game show? etc.)

Who would pay for the advert?

What magazine are you thinking of advertising in?

When you say 'we will be in Toulouse game show' who is the 'we' you are talking about?

Looks ok apart too much of the same color (red).
Maybe use uppercase on some parts.
Also skip the () in (s) as theres the two devices ^^.

The color is not the final.

Even if we're gonna do this, a white background is slightly boring and please, please, no Comic Sans.

The font is not the final.
[doublepost=1472726138,1472725813][/doublepost]
A few questions spring to mind :

What is the main purpose of the advert? (to generate pre orders for Pyra? Spread general awareness? Promote open source? Get people to attend the game show? etc.)
To promote the communuty and the devices

Who would pay for the advert?
Done with Ulule contribution

What magazine are you thinking of advertising in?
Retro Playing Magazine

Maybe something like:" Open your mind to the free software World."

Back