Adic 2004 Downloads

Thanks, I already downloaded some from you, but since I don`t know what all the games are about, and what they look like, it`s hard for me to pick out those I`m interested in.

Well I tried that Bubble Shooter clone, it`s really great, same with the gradius like shooter.

Really like it.

This should be even better than the 16days, I think...

Had a quick play through a couple of entries and so far am really very impressed.

Bolcataxian is every bit as good as everyone has been saying it is. One of the best shooters available on the GP32, which is really saying something considering that we have a full-speed PC Engine emulator!

Crocodingus is much improved over the last version I played. Simple platforming fun with great graphics and solid gameplay mechanics.

Nazca Runners is a Mario Kart style game which is great news for those of us who can't play the real thing with a decent framerate. I thought the slow acceleration looked a little odd when you're supposed to running and the colision detection was a little off, but otherwise this is a fine Mario Kart clone. Much better than Street Racer :p

Tanda is another very professional-looking platformer. The mechanics aren't quite as solid as Crocodingus but the hack 'n' slash moves give it a different feel.

Pyramid 2 is a comprehensive Tetris variant that replaces the blocks with falling pyramids. I couldn't quite grasp the concept at first but having got used to it I think it could be quite fun.

GPFM is the same great utility with added functionality. I couldn't get it to play my movies but a must-have for people using the standard Euro firmware nonetheless.

Oh, and thanks to ratx for the files!

I've just downloaded the pack, and I put on "Breedz" first; it is very promising.
I couldn't get that one to work. It kept freezing up at various points on start up. I eventually managed to get it to the options menu and put the speed down to 133 incase that was the problem but then it froze when I hit play. I really wanted to see what this one was like. :(

the readme says "The speed is fixed to 166 mhz, but it goes well in 100-133, a speed
selector is added but is not finished the code yet. "

Which is why it doesn't load, won't for me either :( I wonder if the author could release a 133Mhz default clocked version

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the Multipac emu. I have been searching far and wide for the perfect portable Pac-Man and this is close. It was said by Rlyeh that the fMAME port will be slow with sound on so this may be the best way to play Pac-Man and its variations on the GP32. I like the way you can switch screen orientation with a press of the shoulder button. The menu is quite good too. There are a few things that could be fixed and this will be perfect.

Some sounds are quieter than others and should be at the same volume. And some sounds are a bit off. But at least it runs well with sound on.

Also the control algorythm is slightly off. If you are holding the stick in a direction and continue to hold it but then forget to center the stick before switching directions it will not move in new direction. This is wrong and should take the last input. If you are one of the ones that have a GP32 that doesn't do diagonals well you will not notice this as much.

Other than that it is really good.

I liked that GPFM utility. One thing I could see added which would be great is if they added a 6MB RAM: disk. This would be great if for example if you wanted to give a friend a new version of an emu or MP3 without having to be near a computer. You would copy the files to RAM: then take out your SMC and put in another one and then copy from RAM: to the new SMC.

hey don.. I'll get onto those reviews..

well a couple at least :)
Right, we need reviews. :D I'd be flattered if some of you also sent reviews to GP32World (you can submit a review by clicking on the link on the left, under "submit content"; it's all automatic). :)

Geez... I need to buy a new SMC; mine's filled to the brim with Genesis games. ;)

Hello,

Just small a post to clear some false ideas. The ADIC version of
Crocodingus is not an evolution of the demo (v0.4 by
ANATA) diffused several months ago by Madsk8tar. It is a completely
new version (v0.1 by JYCET), only the majority of the gfx and the
level design is the same.

@Evildragon: if you put my v0.1 on your gp32x.de please dont put a screen shot of v0.4 by Anata, thanks in advance :D

regards
JYCET

Hello,

Just small a post to clear some false ideas. The ADIC version of
Crocodingus is not an evolution of the demo (v0.4 by
ANATA) diffused several months ago by Madsk8tar. It is a completely
new version (v0.1 by JYCET), only the majority of the gfx and the
level design is the same.

@EvilDragon: if you put my v0.1 on your gp32x.de please dont put a screen shot of v0.4 by Anata, thanks in advance :D

regards
JYCET

Your games rock dude :) I like the stuff, real well done.

Thanks again.

THe wonderboi emu has the same speed like the version befor.
BUt the menu has a new style and the peeving sprite bugs is fixed.
It's still a bit slow...
(can only play with 156mhz so maybe it can run faster...)
Better speed+ sound= yeah!

I spent quite a while on "play with the band" and found the pre-made tunes are god awful. but I went to make my own which was fun and can't find a way to actually play with them in the game....

What about having a forum for competition entries and a thread for each, it seems such a shame that some entries are getting overlooked here...

If it's by Jycet, by definition it r0x. He only makes great stuff. :)

Agreed! :D I doubt that Aka Noid will ever be deleted from my SMC. I just love how he fine-tunes the DETAILS in all of his programs, unlike some other developers who make a great program that's nevertheless not as fun to play as it can be because of many small annoyances...

What about having a forum for competition entries and a thread for each, it seems such a shame that some entries are getting overlooked here...
I second the motion. Admins? :unsure:

P.S. guys please submit something to GP32World! Here's an example of how it should be written (you don't need to put any screenshots in): Overview, Features, Pros, Cons, Final Verdict, then a few ratings like sound, etc. It's easy, you can write something very short and it'll still get posted! :)

I spent quite a while on "play with the band" and found the pre-made tunes are god awful. but I went to make my own which was fun and can't find a way to actually play with them in the game....

BIG PLAY WITH THE BAND TIPS :p

it's easy to play your own songs.. and don't remember to send me if you want :p

get your songu1.sng or others ( with pclink or squidgelink ) and rename to song1.sng and put this song without the "u" on your smc in the song folder !

happy to see that guys are playing my game ^^

Hey dude, I wondered if you were "Joshua-Falken Entertainment" !!

You've made a very nice looking game, I love it when people spend time on the presentation as well as the game!! Mind if I give you some feedback on it?

* Ok then. How comes it says game over after every round? .. and always says "cool!" even if you did really bad.

* Where it says "battery" I think you mean drums..!

* It crashes every now and again and the screen goes inverted and locks up. Random occurence

* Why do you use massive 226k bitmaps for the screens, can these be compressed?

* The built in tunes are awful, but I intend to fix that! Hows about allowing you to play your own tunes without renaming files?

Apart from that it's a very nice game with a lot of promise, just needs some spit and polish! The in game screen works very well and the graphics are good.

It's really cool that we can add our own instruments as wav's too! Keep it up :D

Back