Is There Anybody Still Working On A Vns Game?

Esn

(:";
Website
esn.newgrounds.com
I'm just wondering if anybody is still working on Virtual Novel System (by Virtual Leech) games... that's this program (the download link seems to be broken, though. EvilDragon?..).

Last I heard there were at least 2 projects going on; one was the port of Paradise Heights 2 which was supposed to be almost done, and another was a science finction/mystery game by somebody else.

Is there going to be anything in store for ADIC2004? :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm pretty sure Nin^_^Nin dropped this
he hasn't posted here in ages
i'm pretty sure he left

i wouldn't count on a new paradise heights
you know a version is released though don't you?

Thats funny I could swear I saw a post by Nin_Nin recently, but who knows now. I was the one doing the other game but I have like 3 comic projects I need to work on and havent had anytime to practice with the VNS programing language inorder to faithfully produce a game. :(

If I could stop time it would totally happen.

i'm pretty sure Nin^_^Nin dropped this
he hasn't posted here in ages
i'm pretty sure he left

i wouldn't count on a new paradise heights
you know a version is released though don't you?

Umm... no, I don't. Aside from that short demo, that is... :huh:

Goity posted on Dec 23 2004 at 07:31 PM said:
Is VNS quite easy to learn? as in BOR modding easy?
its simpler to do than bor, and there also is some editor someware

Last edited by a moderator:
I did a whole game; it was quite short and was based on King Diamond's CD "The Pupper Master". I finished it but had no place to upload it and now I can not upload it any more, even if I had the space, because my hard drive broke.

But.... I might just start another game after christmas, because it IS really easy and it's fun to do.

Esn posted on Dec 23 2004 at 07:46 AM said:
I'm just wondering if anybody is still working on Virtual Novel System (by Virtual Leech) games... that's this program (the download link seems to be broken, though. EvilDragon?..).

Okay, I'm going to upload it onto the archive tomorrow ;)

Last edited:
I still have the editor, though I never used it. EvilDragon, if it send it to you, can you upload it to the download archive? If so, please give me your mail address.

Mosch posted on Dec 24 2004 at 03:07 PM said:
I still have the editor, though I never used it. EvilDragon, if it send it to you, can you upload it to the download archive? If so, please give me your mail address.

Thanks, no need for that ;)

I still have about 200 old files ready to upload, I just need more time :)
But they're all sleeping on my HD waiting to be sorted into the GP32x File Archive...

Anyways, VNS has been uploaded here.

Last edited:
Who said i quit ;)

I'll say it again IT'S ALMOST DONE :D

Iv been busy and havent posted her for over 6 or so months havent even seen gp32x page for 6 months

But iv got 2 weeks off work now and iv spent 2 all nighters so far and im close to the end :)

It's gonna be finished dont worry :)

After i do the story i must spell check it then i must find some Mod files to use for music then package it up ;)

Paradise Heights 2 will be done :)

Also what do u think about Gamepark Heights? lol

:ph34r:

Paradise Heights? :blink:

I remember a hentai-anime-adventure game of that name... :huh:

Eh, hum, not that I played it or anything... :p

Am I correct to assume, you could make games similar to the DejaVu and Shadowgate on the NES?

You could make it but it be hard was u would have to script each saying for whatever u picked from the menu and went back to it you have to link scenes so if u had 1 scene saying "I see nothing" u must make a new scene saying the exact same thing when u move past that room.

But it is possible but are u willing to put in the many many hours?

Iv put in so many hours i dont remember how many im sure its past 97 hours at least

Thank god he is still working on it....

Thanks NinNin (I can't be bothered to learn how to type your name properly). :D

I was going to work on a VNS game involving pictures taken around my school. Unfortanatly, my digital camera got jealous of my GP32 and committed suicide to spite me.
Which is a pity, because my school is haunted, and I had a great storyline planned with 3-4 endings and some huge puzzles.

Ah well. I have bryce. I can always make a myst ripoff...

Well just to give u guys a heads-up I just finished the text and spell checking of the VNS novel :)

Now i've gotta add transitions then find music that will work with the games.

So its gonna be released soon ;)

Back