Adding a colon in Grub [SOLVED]

PowerGod

Forum Addict!
Ok, here is the situation, I have a wmware image that I can run on QEMU, and it contains a minimal Gentoo distribution just to autostart an application... so to make that app compatible with all the OS that uses wmware... BUT it does have problems with the Pandora and it crash before loading modules, so I need to change some lines in Grub before make it start...

one of the commands I need to add is "video=vesa:800x600@60" but I'm unable to find how to write ":" ... is there a way ?

EDIT: I can't even find "@" but this is less important

EDIT: OK found ":" is SHIFT+FN+","

EDIT: found even @ on the Pandora, SHIFT+2

Last edited by a moderator:
@F_slim: Yes, that worked, thanks ;)

@LinuxSWAT: Long story short, there's an engine called "PONscripter" for visual novels, the version on the Archive doesn't work as should on the Pandora... but I failed different times trying to recompile it from the source, then I saw this VM linked in the official site, it was made to just run one of the visual novels on the linux PONscripter engine without configuring/installing or search for the dependecies... you just run the VM and it works...

http://www.neechin.n...2-download-page (It's called Operation Setsumi)

So, this VM (x86) boot with an autostarting Grub menu and keeps loading things then crash... but I'm able to actually stop Grub and edit the kernel command it uses, before it starts to load things

here is a list of already resolved problems:

1) It needs a cpu with CMOV... I modified the QEMU script to use an Athlon cpu instead of Pentium

2) Problems with IO-APIC... added "noapic" argument

The last crush seems related to the resolution (that's why I started the thread) but I just can't be sure of it... I can't read the logs cause I don't know the user/root password...

I'm just playing with this thing cause I'm curious to see if it's possibile to make it run, even if I know for sure it will be slow.

So boot the VM under a PC, and edit grub ?

But that is too easy... where's the fun ?! :p

Anyway I can't save changes to it if I'm not able to access as root...

Well Grubs even in a Larval state have colons. No need to add them.

Boot a live-cd .iso with the image as hd, and edit grub.

That's smart ;) I'll try it

Anyway I tried to run the VM in VirtualBox on my PC and it doesn't start... LOL :lol: , seems like it doesn't find a valid root device... but with QEMU on the Pandora mount the filesystem with no problem

EDIT: found even @ on the Pandora, SHIFT+2

Back