dosbox fe increase default c:\ size

blurpee

Still Fresh
I searched for an answer on this, but was unable to.  If it already was answered, please forward me there.

I just installed dosbox fe,I have files in the \appdata\dosbox\games directory, and they work fine. However, the default hard drive is 250 MB - and I can't seem to find this configuration option in dosbox fe or the configuration files in appdata\dosbox anywhere.  I think dos can take a max of 4GB.  Is there any easy way to expand the disk?  I guess I could create a d:\ with 4gb, but was hoping to avoid that.

Bonus question: is there anyway around pressing shift + fn + ; to get a :  ?  It would be nice to just press fn + . to get the : as shown on the keyboard.

Thanks!

There is no HDD size limit jn dosbox that I can see.  If you're going by free space on your SD.  You might be confusing the dir bytes free part.  It always reads 262,144,000 bytes free correct?  My games folder is over 2.5 GB in size.  

look on standard keyboard and ? mark is above /, so fn+Shift+z

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I see now.  To be clear, I did a c:\dir to see how much space dosbox thought was on the c:\ - that's where I saw 262,144,000.  I just copied more files to the appdata\dosbox\games directory, restarted dosbox, and it still sees 262,144,000.  So that number is sort of meaningless I guess.

As for the other question, sorry, I am looking for a way to type the colon character (not the question mark)

:

You must press and hold left shift then press and hold FN and then press the far lower left button that has ,<; on it  only then will you get the :

It just seems that the press and hold FN and the .>: combo button should work to get the : in dosbox.

Thanks.

Sorry dosbox works on standard keyboard.  To type what you want you should look where it is on standard keyboard and try to then figure out how to choose on pandora.

Hint: fn key is sticky (doesn't need to be held).  For : just press and release fn then press and hold shift then press then key with <.

Back