Missing mapping to get colon key

vandyswa

I attached a bluetooth keyboard to my Pandora (Xfce environment) and find that I can't get the colon symbol. I built "xev" for my system, and find that the BT keyboard's generating the right X events. "xmodmap -pk" shows that shift of semicolon is not bound to colon (as it would be on a standard system), but instead NoSymbol. I understand that there's a special keycode to get semicolon on the built-in keyboard, but why disable it when using an attached standard keyboard?

Thanks,

Andy

This is what you need in the Repo:

http://repo.openpand...p-0.1-slaeshjag

It will allow you to switch to a normal standard keyboard layout and back to a Pandora one.. I use it when connecting a regular USB keyboard to my Pandora.

Thanks, although that seems like overkill. But picking apart that PND pointed me to $HOME/.pndXmodmap which appears to be the root of the problem. I just updated the keycode 47 line to not map shift-semi to None (but instead

to colon). I can't imagine why this would harm anything, and it gets rid of a gratuitous incompatibility. I'll report back if anything bad comes up from the change.

Back