Actiontec Router Problems

KillRoXx

I just got my open pandora rebirth edition a few days ago and it worked well with only a few wifi services. but when i was at home and wanted to connect to my wpa security actiontec router.

it kept asking for the password and would not connect.

i used the sudo command for the iwconfig and it did not work.

someone help me ASAP.

my router is on b/g/n compatability. and it should work,

I AM NOT INTERESTED IN BUYING ANY WIRELESS N DONGLES. DONT EVEN REFER TO THEM

I'm assuming your router works fine with all other devices? i.e. You've configured it correctly.

Sadly it sounds like your best bet might be to buy a compatible router, as that is obviously the thing causing the problem. My logic says that if the Pandora works fine with some WIFI routers then there is nothing to fix / that can easily be fixed.

The Pandora has notoriously erratic onboard WIFI. Of the 7 or so WIFI routers I've used with my Pandora 1 would not play ball at all (even with WIFI security turned off) the others were all as good as could be expected. Until I got one of those unmentionables since then WIFI has been excellent. Oops, I might have just mentioned the unmentionable.

PS WANT TO BUY A DONGLE?

;)

i want a way to connect to my actiontec. without the use of a dongle

my connection strength is great.

it used to do the same thing to my ds till i did something with it.'

something with the dns ports and configuring the device that the ip would be aquired from the receiver instead of the transmitter

Last edited by a moderator:
here is more information about my router. an actiontec MI424WR-GEN2 hardware F.

could it possibly need a port to connect through?

i have a 1.8.0.5  r1.54 super zaxxon rebirth pandora.

it keeps asking for a password. and im not sure how to keep it connected. please fix this ASAP

Well, it would help if you would let us more about your router configuration.

Are new devices allowed?

Any encryption settings?

WPA / WEP / TPIK, etc.?

DHCP enabled?

IP-Range still free?

Well, it would help if you would let us more about your router configuration.

Are new devices allowed?

Any encryption settings?

WPA / WEP / TPIK, etc.?

DHCP enabled?

IP-Range still free?
DHCP is enabled. new devices up to 10 (4 connected) encryption is wpa.

ip-range is free, but not sure.

compatibility mode is on. which supports B/G/N devices. its on channel 6, radio enabled

wmm is on

Checking Google, it seems quite a few people have issues with that router, especially with the XBox360 and PS3...

You also mentioned you had issues with the NDS initially.

I'm not sure what to do here.

I would suggest switching to WPA2 though, as WPA is pretty outdated. Maybe that already fixes the issue.

Oh, and you might want to check whether your router runs on the latest firmware or not.

What PC O.S. are you using? As a suggestion, if using WinXP, go to command prompt, type ipconfig /all, then write down the information down such as Subnet Mask, DNS Server/s,Default Gateway. Now in your Pandora`s Network Manager, make sure that the information is identical, naturally the I.P. address for your Pandora must be different otherwise there would be IP address conflicts ( I think this is what E.D. meant by IP range being large enough to accommodate additional network devices, unless I misinterpreted.)

Another thought just occurred to me: try setting your OpenPandora network config to Static IP mode and entering the information you gathered previously, including the DNS server/s. I believe I had a similar issue when I was setting up my Pandora when I got mine.

Very important: double/triple check your WPA security string and make certain they are identical on every device in your Wifi network.

Hope this helps.

....Patnik.

Checking Google, it seems quite a few people have issues with that router, especially with the XBox360 and PS3...

You also mentioned you had issues with the NDS initially.

I'm not sure what to do here.

I would suggest switching to WPA2 though, as WPA is pretty outdated. Maybe that already fixes the issue.

Oh, and you might want to check whether your router runs on the latest firmware or not.
did not work. trying patniks idea.

What PC O.S. are you using? As a suggestion, if using WinXP, go to command prompt, type ipconfig /all, then write down the information down such as Subnet Mask, DNS Server/s,Default Gateway. Now in your Pandora`s Network Manager, make sure that the information is identical, naturally the I.P. address for your Pandora must be different otherwise there would be IP address conflicts ( I think this is what E.D. meant by IP range being large enough to accommodate additional network devices, unless I misinterpreted.)

Another thought just occurred to me: try setting your OpenPandora network config to Static IP mode and entering the information you gathered previously, including the DNS server/s. I believe I had a similar issue when I was setting up my Pandora when I got mine.

Very important: double/triple check your WPA security string and make certain they are identical on every device in your Wifi network.

Hope this helps.

....Patnik.
 im running a windows 8. cmd prompt may not open

I dont know how to set it to static ip mode...

Hope this helps.

....Patnik.
is there a diagram on how it should look like.

To set your OpenPandora to Static IP:

Move the cursor over to the Network Manager icon on the taskbar.

Right click that icon.

Ensure that "Enable Networking" "Enable Notifications" and "Edit Connections" are all ticked.

Now, click on "Edit Connections."

What do you see now?

To set your OpenPandora to Static IP:

Move the cursor over to the Network Manager icon on the taskbar.

Right click that icon.

Ensure that "Enable Networking" "Enable Notifications" and "Edit Connections" are all ticked.

Now, click on "Edit Connections."

What do you see now?
i said a diagram. and i went to edit connections. i went to ipv4 and it still did not work. i entered all the information

Go to BestBuy or RadioShack and grap one of those NetGear Nano USB wireless adapter.  That's what I did and it's been working fine with my FIOS Actiontec.

i do have the original zyxel wifi usb (unfortunately needs to be installed. got any linux links for that?) will that work?

it is a G-220 V3

i do have the original zyxel wifi usb (unfortunately needs to be installed. got any linux links for that?) will that work?

it is a G-220 V3
No idea.  But the Netgear nano usb wireless adapter works right out of the box - no need to install anything.

i just need the firmware

and the drivers. but its plug n play right? it should work just like that. also, the software is not needed.

EDIT: i just found out that my old Xp computer worked and it was using the B/g set family of zyxel adaptors. it was an interesting find. also, it should work if it is just plugged in,

Back