Accidentally found a flaw in major online bank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wandering how long it would take before someone remembered Craig was not meant to have banning power as brought up by ED. Also, someone not believing what you were saying, is no reason to ban someone. If we were to adopt that rule, everyone on this forum would be banned.

I 2nd the above . I also add that as one of the 4 big people that were responsible for the Pandora he may have just a tiny , tiny bit of influence over its forum(s) .

ED still has admin powers - perhaps the project leaders co-operated with each other?

As I understood it, if some mod wants a user to be banned, he needs to discuss this with the other mods in a hidden forumsection first.

To be fair, I was being trollish.

And deserved my 24 hour ban.

Sometimes the swifter the justice...

No notification if that's what you mean.

An educated guess would lead me to think it was Craig.

Hmm, I am wondering myself about the ban powers here. Craig should not have them anymore, however, the settings of IPB are pretty complex, maybe it's some setting I missed.

I know he doesn't have mod powers... however, mods can't seem to ban anyways, so maybe that's a different setting...?

Need to check that.

Does the moderation not see a need to clear this incident up?

The only one who could clear that up was probably me, and if you would've checked before, you could've seen I wasn't really visiting the boards until now since that happened.

As I understood it, if some mod wants a user to be banned, he needs to discuss this with the other mods in a hidden forumsection first.
The irony of what may be possibly the most open handheld ever made having a forum with a hidden forum section .

It almost makes me facepalm .

Last edited by a moderator:
Does the moderation not see a need to clear this incident up?

The only one who could clear that up was probably me, and if you would've checked before, you could've seen I wasn't really visiting the boards until now since that happened.

Well, good moderation always keeps the average user in mind. That would have meant, for instance, to post a note of some kind to inform people they will have to wait for you (Ed) to look into the problem. The current situation in this thread is quite an uncommon one after all (maybe not on this board anymore, but overall), and too much silence from the moderation side here makes me think that as far as moderation guidelines on this board are concerned, one thing or another probably went seriously awry down the road.

I don't want to jump to conclusions quickly though, so my question was meant honestly. And actually, I think it's also a question that you too (along with all other moderators) should have been wondering about all along (in case you haven't done so).

I think craig should be banned for 24 hours now, too.

That is only fair if you consider that he broke the rules himself and doesn't seem to learn from previous mistakes.

Didn't Craig originally create this forum because he was banned at gp32x? So better be careful with further bans or we'll soon be having a new board @ boards.superopenpandora20.org...

Meanwhile, I'm curious about the exploit and how things went with the mail conversation with the bank/security. How did it go Craig?

Didn't Craig originally create this forum because he was banned at gp32x? So better be careful with further bans or we'll soon be having a new board @ boards.superopenpandora20.org...
To my knowledge EvilDragon owns the website , hence his administration powars .

Banned or not, I find the online bank story much more interesting than if someone was banned or not by whoever. ^^ Just ask Craig if you want to know if he did it. My vulcan logic says he is the most likely suspect, by the way.

He's not listed on the moderation team , so if he's hiding his mod powers then that would be ironic due to him being 1 of the big 4 in the pandora ( as you know probably the most open device ) world .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back