Accidentally found a flaw in major online bank...

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a reply

Will Craigs next post be from a Carribean Island which he now owns or from Wormwood Scrubs? :p

Seriously though, how much 'poking about' did you have to do to find this flaw?

Hope the bank are suitably contrite. Also think you should notify someone, you'd hope that reputable financial journalists would be interested in such a story. Could be that more than 1 bank is using a similarly weak system.

The security in bank's computer systems is a joke.

Students of mine worked there, and theirs stories were unbelievable.

We have a reply

Will Craigs next post be from a Carribean Island which he now owns or from Wormwood Scrubs? :p

Seriously though, how much 'poking about' did you have to do to find this flaw?

Hope the bank are suitably contrite. Also think you should notify someone, you'd hope that reputable financial journalists would be interested in such a story. Could be that more than 1 bank is using a similarly weak system.

I did next to no poking about, this all happened due to someone else's mistake and from a joke between me and my girlfriend, and then stunned silence as we had full access to their account.

So, to recap, you have found a flaw in a, I assume, a major banks website. You then come on to your own website and announce the fact you've found a flaw?

lol

Are you drunk?

I hope no one who has invested in your start up is listening.

Mental

Craig, I feel like I know you.

Been there since the GP2X days. A lonely heart ad in b3ta, next thing I'm coding retro games for an audience.

Loved it.

Followed you through the design phase of the Pandora. Hit refresh on release day like I hated my index finger.

The mentalism of the bank refusing money....

But Sir, this is a bridge too far.

We are now into the realms of madness or/and bitterness. I'm actually hoping it's bitterness as madness and money leads to a road you cannot escape.

Good luck

Last edited by a moderator:
Go to the bank in person and demand to speak an official.

Posting here is just weird. I wonder if some justification for more delays will grow out of this...

It isn't a UK bank. I'm simply documenting it here so I don't get accused of discovering this on purpose.

'I wonder if some justification for more delays will grow out of this..'

Seriously? I'm not even in control of the Pandora production anymore. This isn't even in the Pandora section.

You will simply attract vultures.

Remember the french guy who discovered how to create working credit cards, he was in security trouble because bad guys wanted to kidnap him.

--Edit:

At least, you can hide on your roof ^^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back