About Replacement Styli

fusion_power said:
Elton said:
Once again, if any of you guys are watching this thread and know any team member of the Openpandor team, please kindly introduce me to them. As a way of promoting the X stylus, I may just agree to make several thousand for the Openpandor and sell them at cost though the TEAM
Hard to believe, they are around here every day. PM Craigix or Evil_Dragon and I'm sure they will at least pay attention to you.
If parts of the Pandora can be improved, I guess you will be in Business. :) Do you guys also do complete Cases out of indestructable Plastic? ;)

I have just PM to Craigix about my stylus and my suggest of providing it at cost. Hope there will be some reply from the TEAM. However, I can't find Evil_Dragon's account, thus can't PM him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elton said:
First of all, thank you for the people to tell us to "just do it", but the problem is we can't as we are poor inventor who doesn't have a big wallet. We need to be careful on the money spending.

@-Tj- what is too expensive for you? what is your acceptable price if the stylus is in metal?
Understanding this is probably a higher-cost, low volume product (for Pandora, anyway), I would pay maybe $8 to $12 for a plastic version, and maybe up to $15 for a metal/plastic version. Considering that the stylus included with Pandora sells for $7 for a spare (maybe the price has changed since last year), I'd expect a special stylus to sell for more, but not so much more that it isn't cost effective to get it.

... also, it'd be nice if the shipping costs were kept low somehow. I can't tell you how many inexpensive products I've passed up because the shipping cost too much.

-Tj- said:
Elton said:
First of all, thank you for the people to tell us to "just do it", but the problem is we can't as we are poor inventor who doesn't have a big wallet. We need to be careful on the money spending.

@-Tj- what is too expensive for you? what is your acceptable price if the stylus is in metal?
Understanding this is probably a higher-cost, low volume product (for Pandora, anyway), I would pay maybe $8 to $12 for a plastic version, and maybe up to $15 for a metal/plastic version. Considering that the stylus included with Pandora sells for $7 for a spare (maybe the price has changed since last year), I'd expect a special stylus to sell for more, but not so much more that it isn't cost effective to get it.

... also, it'd be nice if the shipping costs were kept low somehow. I can't tell you how many inexpensive products I've passed up because the shipping cost too much.

Thanks for your prompt reply. Well, as I said I have PM to Craigix again to talk to him about bundling the X stylus with the machine. If they reply and agree, I will just throw in the X stylus at cost. Just as you said, for Pandora, the X stylus will be higher-cost and low volume, so I just wanted to promote the stylus with it instead of earn money from this project.

I just wanted to drop in to say that whilst a DS Lite stylus will indeed fit, the ones for the DSi do not and will get stuck. Heed this warning. :p I was lucky in that I tried this with an extendable one, which was possible to remove once it got nearly-stuck. So yeah, do not use DSi styli.

Elton said:
However, I can't find Evil_Dragon's account, thus can't PM him.
It's EvilDragon, without the underscore. That should work. ;)

I suppose both ED and Craig already read this thread, so if they don't answer it's bad luck, I think.

I would be interested in this X Stylus. I don't like plastic toy feeling stylus of DS, and though I haven't seen the Pandora stylus, the general reaction to it does not appear to be all that good. If this guy wants to make them at-cost and ship them with the Pandora, I vote hell yes. This guy is actively posting in these forums and simply wants to promote his product, and is listening and responding to concerns from people who haven't even bought one! He seems to fit the general community feel and heart of the Pandora project quite well, and I think giving him his chance to be the Stylus Guy the way we have an awesome DPad Guy would be a great idea!

I hope criagx ED or mweston take note of this guy and at least discuss the possibilities with him. Higher quality parts produced at-cost sounds fantastic, and the Pandora is all about cut-no-corners high quality kickass-ness, or at least that's what I was told while waiting so long for case revisions! B)

- trix

Dear all,

ED finally contacted me. Will update you for the progress.

Elton

peca said:
As I have my Pandora already, I can post overall measurement of Pandora's stylus: diameter 5 mm and length 97 mm.

Thanks.
can you take some pictures of the stylus, esp the top part of the stylus?

^ This might help a bit:
DSC07018.jpg

sdcoverstylus.jpg
http://gs113.photobucket.com/groups/n213/I0S2J7KION/

Bryce Leo said:
My apologies. I just want to keep tabs on this thread. The X-stylus seems pretty awesome as well.

Your are welcome.
Just offered ED a sample of X stylus for him to try out the actual product.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the original stylus and its plastic body and tip. Don't like the DS one either, it's among the worst styli I have held. IMO a stylus has to be heavy, bigger and longer than that DS thingy and have a sturdy but rubbery tip. The latter is very important to me as I want a relatively smooth tap and good grip instead of plastic-on-plastic ticktack sound and glaze-like traction.

I have been using this one until some poor fuck stole it: http://www.amazon.de/Ansmann-Laserpointer-PDA-Stylus-Kugelschreiber-Touchscreen-Stift/dp/B000L9RZQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=ce-de&qid=1278941820&sr=8-1 also has a great biro with a relatively sharp point.

For everyone who is following this this thread for the progress of the Xstylus. Here is a little update.
2 samples have just been sent to ED for his comments.

Elton

Elton said:
For everyone who is following this this thread for the progress of the Xstylus. Here is a little update.

Elton
Cool. :)
Do you mean the NDS Xstylus or did you guys already made an Pandora Xstylus?

fusion_power said:
Elton said:

Elton
Cool. :)
Do you mean the NDS Xstylus or did you guys already made an Pandora Xstylus?

Unfortunately, the NDS Xstylus only. If he likes it we can make some for the Pandora.

Cool! :)
Hope he likes it. I wouldn't mind having one for my Pandora. I'm a sucker for accessorizing my fun stuff. :D

-Tj- said:
Cool! :)
Hope he likes it. I wouldn't mind having one for my Pandora. I'm a sucker for accessorizing my fun stuff. :D

I keep my fingers cross.

Back