AAHHH! Pandora competition (concept so far)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fworg64

Who knows?
razer-switchblade-concept.jpg

This thing looks to be the pandora's compitition in the future (couple years)

It features

Capacitive touchscreen

x86 architecture

(really) fancy adaptive keyboard (look it up its pretty legit)

172mm x 115mm x 25 mm diminsions (compared to the pandora's 140mm x 83.4mm x 27.5mm)

However this is so far just a concept design and a ways from production.

My speculation:

It will be very pricy (about 1200$)

battery life will be less (4-5 hours)

fancy adaptive keyboard will only work with certain games (mostly larg titles though so probably not a big deal)

touch screen will be nice.

What about you guys? do you see this as a threat? I think itl be more around the time of the pandora 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you mean the Razor Switchblade, and no I'm not worried, the Open Pandora II will blow this thing out of the water. ;)

Concept looks neat, the engineering decent overall. But where are the nubs? D-pad? (I suppose the buttons could make a sucky one.) The Pandora's form factor beats this thing in concept for me.

Just to inform you: There's already a thread on this over in the Other Consoles section. Would you be ok with this one being merged with it, so that the discussion can continue over there?

EDIT: Hah, ninja'd a bit, there. :p

ya, in y exitment forgot to mention the name :p

also in my exitment i didnt bother looking in the other consoles section so feel free to move/merge/deleate this topic. And thanks for the headsup.

I thought the Switchblade was dead? Due mostly to the release of the Vita (we assume).

If it's going to be released in a couple of years time, then perhaps they are giving it an overhaul?

Where do you get your info Fworg64?

For some reason, the forum doesn't want to let me merge the threads, so I've just moved this to where it needs to be. :p

As already mentioned, this is a duplicate thread (even though you're specifically comparing this to Pandora) and since merging cannot be done, I'm locking this one up.

Discussion can continue here.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back